Looking for friends who need to lose 100 lbs :)

Options
Hi,

I have been an on again off again user of MFP for a couple of years. Successful then fall of the wagon, etc. A story most of us are familiar with!! Well, I going through my medical records and one doctored put down :Morbid(severe) Obesity" on my chart and then it really hit me!!! Now, most would not consider me top be morbidly obese...however, I am extremely overweight!!
I go in for surgery on Oct 21 for severe carpal tunnel and then I have to have surgery for a torn rotator cuff. I want to get some weight off before the surgeries.
I tend to make weight-loss more complicated than it needs to be. SO...I am simply starting with recording every bite I eat and staying within my calorie range. K.I.S.S. :)
I would like to have a few friends with similar goals of losing 100 pounds. I am on a very limited budget as I am unable to work until after all my surgeries and sometimes my meals are created from food I get from the Food Bank. This makes it challenging as it is not always the most healthful.
I look forward to meeting some new accountability friend! Lisa

Replies

• kbarbier62
    kbarbier62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am also back on MFP and have about 100 lbs to lose. I can use all the extra support I can get and would like to be there for you too! Let's do this!
  • LeanFitLisa
    LeanFitLisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend's request :)
  • JennyMendoza1
    JennyMendoza1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Lisa
    I am extreme over weight and need to lose 150lbs and I also need all the support I can get and help other so we can do this together. :)
  • cheryladorr65
    cheryladorr65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hey lisa i need to lose 150lbs i need all the support i can get. i just started MFP thursday sept 1st. so maybe we can do this together.
  • albaleticia136
    albaleticia136 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hola Lisa soy de HONDURAS CENTROAMERICA yo soy una persona obesa y tambien tengo que perder mas de 100 libras ,deseo que tu operacion sea de exito y puedas sentirte mejor pronto cuenta con mi apoyo y mis oraciones y espero seamos amigas
  • 2y2k
    2y2k Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! (: SO excited that you're about to embark on this exciting journey! I LOVE supporting & motivating people. I have about 97 lbs to lose. Anyone can feel free to add me! (:
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    All of you can add me. I started this year with the goal to lose 120 pounds. I have lost 92 so far. I am doing it and so can you.
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Oh!!! Add me! And I'll add you.

I started on my 100lb Weight loss journey today.

I have lost weight and fallen off the wagon before meeting my goal in the past but this time Is It.

I'm flat broke! I can't afford new workout clothes or kettlebells or a yoga Matt or all that fun stuff money can get you.I just have myself and my determination.

• 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    140 to go here, add me? 4 weeks and 16 lbs
  • sarafoxx
    sarafoxx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I completely understand you! I went to the drs weeks ago and had the same thing morbidly obese
  • ceciliabeattie
    ceciliabeattie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm new just thought I would say hi
  • LeanFitLisa
    LeanFitLisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I sent friend requests! Thanks!
  • Doesntlikefatmilk
    Options
    I'm sending you a request!
  • P13C35
    P13C35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I get ya seeing obesity on the chart then next question is always are you diabetic. Crap better change now!
  • airforceman1979
    airforceman1979 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hello Lisa I have about 130 pounds still left to lose I fell off the wagon more times than I'd like to admit I'm also disabled so I can't do as much exercise as I would like and I know how that goes so if you'd like to ask me feel free
  • Saskhea
    Saskhea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, i've lost 83.5lbs so far, just another 173.5 to go.... Here for the long haul
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Would love to give and receive support. I too have little money and food chooses can be challenging. I still have right about 200 lbs. Look forward to this round being successful.
  • TorontoLass
    TorontoLass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'd like to join this group and I need to loose 150lbs. Every time I lose I gain more back when I give up (I'm sure you all know the story). I been vegan for over a year trying to reverse my diabetes with the result that I am now heavier than I've ever been in my life and I'm still a type II diabetic. So back to the drawing board and I've started walking on the treadmill (up to 20mins at a time) and I'm starting to use this MFP. I hope to be referred to local weight loss clinic. Clearly doing it on my own does not work well for me. I can through the day but when its bedtime and I'm hungry I just can't sleep and find myself filling up with carbs. Does anyone have any solutions?
  • JenHayford
    JenHayford Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello everyone, My name is Jenand I would love to join as well. I have been vegan for 1 and have 110 lbs.to lose. I am new to MFP and have no idea how to add people/friends to please feel free to add me. I would love to be a part of a group that can give and receive support.
  • KCHolloway
    KCHolloway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, Kacey here. A co-worker told me about this site. I'm new here and kind of stumbling around in the dark. Not sure where to start I just know that I have to do something. Im down 45lbs and have stalled out i still have 150lbs more to go to reach my goals. I also would love to be part of a group that can give as well as receive support. I'd also love to make some new and lasting friendships so feel free to add me.