Greek Yogurt

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
edited September 2016 in Recipes
So I've been looking for a way to have my yogurt without too much added sweetener (real or artificial) and I finally discovered it.

Plain Greek Yogurt + Cinnamon + Fresh Blueberries+ Extract of your choice (Vanilla is good, but lemon extract is where it's at!)= Delightful

The blueberries give it the sweetness it needs in every bite without any sweeteners and the cinnamon and extract add the extra flavor. What other fruits, spices, and extracts would you put in plain greek yogurt?

Also: If anyone has a savory option for dipping veggies in, I'm really interested! I'm looking for a spice mixture that will taste like ranch dressing without the MSG and other yucky stuff in the prepackaged mixes. Other flavors welcome.

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Oh this sounds delicious! I was actually going to try something similar in my oatmeal

1 T. lemon pudding mix, 1 scoop IsoPure Zero Carb protein powder, 1/2 c. oats and 1/2 c. blueberries

You definitely just inspired me to try it in Greek yogurt though!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Also, I like strawberries and blackberries in plain yogurt!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Have you tried lemon or lime juice in greek yogurt? It adds a bit of a savory flavor to it [I often mix cottage cheese, greek yogurt and lemon juice for breakfast for a salty/sweet/savory protein dish].
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I really like most fruit and plain (whole fat) greek yogurt. The whole fat versions have more flavor. Some of my favorite additions are melon medley (like cantaloupe, honey dew and watermelon). Sometimes I add in some chia seeds for crunch and fiber!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    yogurt + blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, peaches....
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with a scoop of chocolate protein powder to make like a pudding
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There is a bruschetta mix from epicure that makes it taste kind of like ranch if you add it to the greek yogurt. It does not have MSG or salt added. I also have used about 2 tbsp of dried onion and 2 tbsp of dried chives with some black pepper, that is pretty good too.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    The only non-sweetener that will sweeten Greek yogurt that works for me is Sante granola. I buy it from the Dollarama stores. Fruit doesn't work to take off that sour tang Greek yogurt has.

teaser.jpg
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    The only non-sweetener that will sweeten Greek yogurt that works for me is Sante granola. I buy it from the Dollarama stores. Fruit doesn't work to take off that sour tang Greek yogurt has.

teaser.jpg

I do like granola, but this one has a ton of added sugar (something I'm trying to avoid). The thing that takes the tang out for me,personally, is the extract and cinnamon combination (haven't tried either by themselves to figure out the real hero here.)

• creatrixbeatrix
    Options
    Yogurt, lemon, shredded cucumber, garlic powder, dill for a yummy savory dip!
  • itsmarlenes
    itsmarlenes Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You go girl I'm right behind you I lost 44 lbs and I hope to step on the scale and see 160 and stay there --you are great inspirations!!
    here's a ranch dressing I've been using

let me know if the link works, when I first made this I messed up. I put all the ingredients together and didn't realize the first half of the ingredients is a spice mix which makes 3 batches I didn't see that so I had to tripe the liquid after i make it but it's just what i was looking for hope you like it!!
  • janeymox
    janeymox Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My favourite is Greek Yoghurt, raspberries, 10g of Granola and a teaspoon of honey..yum
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Oooo, lemon and blueberry is a perfect flavor combo.