Vibrating Plates Yay Or Nay??

Options
So I'm Thinking Of Getting A Powerfit, Is It Worth Buying?? Has Anyone Had Any Weight Loss Results By Using This..

Replies

• twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had to look this up, I've never heard of it. Actually my first thought was it's a shake weight in wii board form lol. But seriously, no. The reviews touch on good points
    Should You Use the Power Fit Plate to Lose Weight?

The makers of Power Fit make it seem like all you need to do is stand on a vibrating plate for a few minutes every day and you’ll lose 50 pounds in a month. In reality, people have successfully used vibrating plates to lose weight – but only when they’re using the plates to perform workouts like squats, lunges, push-ups, etc.

It’s also important to note that most studies on vibrating plate benefits have involved people who are overweight or obese. Researchers in those studies also universally recommended pairing the program with diet and exercise to achieve any major benefits.

Power Fit isn’t an instant short cut to weight loss. But if you want to enjoy mild weight loss benefits to complement an existing diet and exercise routine, then research shows that vibrating plates like Power Fit can help you lose weight.

However, the ridiculous pricing policy – which charges you hundreds of dollars after your initial purchase along with a ridiculous shipping fee – makes it difficult to recommend Power Fit, especially since the company advertises the product at a price of $40 when in reality your credit card is charged over $300.

All of these things you can do without spending money on this device ;)

http://supplementpolice.com/power-fit/
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I was thinking it was a dinner pate that vibrated and somehow made you eat less. :o
    Hey, I wouldn't be surprised. I remember when weight loss sunglasses were the thing.

Lol.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Waste of money. Use regular weights for lifting.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use it in the gym now and again but I don't think it would be worth buying. Not convinced it works but i think it's worth a go.
  • alexpn
    alexpn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    They are great to use in the gym for dips, planks and stretches, but I would never buy one for home use, it will be on Ebay by Christmas!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I was thinking it was a dinner pate that vibrated and somehow made you eat less. :o
    Hey, I wouldn't be surprised. I remember when weight loss sunglasses were the thing.

I thought the same thing..

Heck I saw somewhere on TV a while a go that (not saying its true) that eating on blue plates will make you eat less, so the vibrating plates would not be that far off!
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Seriously though using a smaller diameter plate does seem to help with portion control. Ot simply fills ip more quickly so you take less the first pass and are less likely to refill.

P.S. It doesn't matter if the smaller plate is blue or not. ;)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nay. Pointless gimmick and a waste of money IMHO.

Primarily nay though because it's fooling people into thinking it's the machine doing the work whereas in reality it's the person that has to put in the effort though diet and exercise.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options

Hahahaha!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NAY
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Seriously though, there is no miracle machine. You will have to mind your diet and exercise to see results.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    So I'm Thinking Of Getting A Powerfit, Is It Worth Buying?? Has Anyone Had Any Weight Loss Results By Using This..

For $300 you can get a beginner's barbell weight set at any decent sporting goods store and get a hell of a lot more out of it that this piece of crap.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't that be

Vibrating plates why?

• louise5779
    louise5779 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I use it at the gym on the massage setting after a workout to stop the next day sore muscles. It helps with that but I can't say its good for exercise or weight loss. Massage tool only.

It may also reduce the appearance of cellulite but I can't 100% say whether that's from the workouts or calorie counting.
  • cmteinakore13
    cmteinakore13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks For Advice All
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I just stand in front of the washing machine when it's spinning. I have a rock hard toned behind as a result.

Seriously, if constant vibration toned muscles, builders would all be ripped like Adonis, what with their diggers, bulldozers, pneumatic drills etc. I don't buy it.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Get a vibrator if you need something that vibrates. Youll use it more and its more enjoyable and cheaper!
  • KobiHensley
    KobiHensley Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    I have one and I love it! I've had it for about five months and it has definitely made a difference in toning my muscles. I do exercises on it :)