Looking for more friends to hold me accountable!

Options
Man, this working out game is tough! Sometimes I just don't want to do it. Or sometimes, I want to say yes to the free food at work (seriously, it's like they waited for me to start counting calories to bring donuts, cake, and pizza into the office every day). I need people who get it to help me stay on track! My roommate tries, but mostly comes off as condescending instead of supportive. You guys, though, you're in my boat!

I want to lose 40 pounds to start with, to get back to where I left off a few years ago when I had success losing weight before. No timeline set at the moment, though I would like to be at a healthy weight by the time I'm 30. Losing 60 pounds is the overall goal! I'm 30 in February 2018, so hopefully I can do it, and I could sure use your help!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• kpforyou
    kpforyou Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks! Let's do this!
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm currently 30 and in a similar situations, trying to get down to a lower weight and then go further from there - hoping to hit my lowish weight by December which is when my birthday is.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Just know this - we are all in the same boat. We all have days where working out is literally the LAST thing we want to do. We all understand the temptation of pizza and cake. My advice? Listen to your body. If you really, really don't feel like working out - don't. It's important not to burn out. You want a slice of pizza? Have it - log it. Make it fit. You can work around these things, I promise :)
  • arjohnson128
    arjohnson128 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting a workout is the hardest part. I can defiantly relate to the feeling of never wanting to start. One thing that has helped me in the past is doing a 30 min workout first thing in the morning. (For me this meant starting at 4 am) The first week was brutal but then it began setting my days up for success... Speaking of which, I should probably start doing it again.... Lol