Bacon vs Turkey Bacon

13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    OP you have been on these forums for awhile. They are two different kind of meat. Choose the one that fits your needs best, or the one you prefer and make it work.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Processed meat, in general, is less favorable than unprocessed. Both are less than ideal in that regard and neither is a health powerhouse, so just pick the one you like best and don't concern yourself with their "healthiness". I personally don't like bacon, and can tolerate turkey bacon so I know what I would choose.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    mmm I love turkey bacon, my coworker calls me the devil because I prefer it over pork bacon....on a side note I've seen beef bacon at Publix once. Didn't get it, but have wondered about it ever since.

Ew. No.
    Neither. Go for sweet earth bacon

And no.

Why it's Delicous and a pig doesn't have to die

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    mmm I love turkey bacon, my coworker calls me the devil because I prefer it over pork bacon....on a side note I've seen beef bacon at Publix once. Didn't get it, but have wondered about it ever since.

Ew. No.

And no.

The pig will die and I will eat it and enjoy its sacrifice. Yummy!

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Alluminati wrote: »

Ew. No.

And no.

That's pretty morbid if you think about it
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Ew. No.

And no.

Not really. *shrug*
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member

Ew. No.

And no.

Not at all. I've been through worse things in life.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love bacon but it's so hard to log properly! They give you calories for 'pan fried' and it doesn't mean anything, depending on how long you fry it for. Ugh.

The other day I ended up with more calories in my 2 slices than what the package said for 3 slices! So frustrating.

It gives you grams. even with fat rendered out in the pan there will be enough to be close enough to the package readout.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    it depends on what you are looking for. For me, calories wise it's turkey. For my mom, who has to be careful of her sodium, it's pork. However, when I eat bacon I want real bacon and if I eat the turkey stuff I end up eating more of it, trying to satisfy my craving. So I usually just eat 2 slices of regular rather then 6 of turkey.
  • Chef_Barbell
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Center cut bacon is comparable in calories to turkey bacon.

That is not bacon, you know that ;) that is more of a loin, much much leaner cut :)

Even non center cut bacon is low in calories. 70 calories for 2 slices doesn't exactly break the bank. ;)
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Are we talking American bacon or UK bacon?

• Chef_Barbell
    007Aggie wrote: »
    Are we talking American bacon or UK bacon?

American bacon... Good ol belly of pig. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Turkey bacon feels like diet food to me. I have one recipe I make that the kids prefer turkey bacon to traditional bacon, but otherwise...bacon.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Center cut bacon is comparable in calories to turkey bacon.

That is not bacon, you know that ;) that is more of a loin, much much leaner cut :)

Even non center cut bacon is low in calories. 70 calories for 2 slices doesn't exactly break the bank. ;)

All depends on how thick it is cut. Real bacon is not the stuff you buy in paper thin slices processed to death is a shrink wrap :)

Then you just weight in grams what you need. I know what you are talking about. Either way it's not a calorie breaker. *shrug*
  • Chef_Barbell
    ... and thats why I will never understand people who choose to select sub-par product over the real thing.

Same reason one would pick a store bought bread over a home baked one. ;):laugh:
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    LazSommer wrote: »
    this is heresy

lol WHAT? how is this a belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs ?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    This is like comparing cheeseburgers to Bologna.