pregnancy

Options
just found out im pregnant with baby #2. i worked my butt off trying to lose the baby weight from first pregnancy and i finally did! but i still want to count calories and not binge eat just because im pregnant now. how many extra calories should i be eating now? or should i still eat how i was before?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    oh i dunno...you might want to pose that sort of question to your oh i dunno...doctor? would you really want to trust a bunch of strangers to your health/well being and the babies? SMH
  • GettingFitSlim
    GettingFitSlim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    oh i dunno...you might want to pose that sort of question to your oh i dunno...doctor? would you really want to trust a bunch of strangers to your health/well being and the babies? SMH

thanks but i didnt ask for a smart *kitten* answer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance...
  • Mersie1
    Mersie1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would check w your doc. It's not so much about calories, but rather iron levels etc.. and who knows what the current thought is on what to avoid. I know that changes from time to time, ex- no tuna. No soft cheese etc.

Congratulations. I hope you're feeling good!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree with checking in with your doctor about how much weight to gain during pregnancy.
  • caitlinhicken
    caitlinhicken Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 32 weeks with my first. I've selected the "maintain weight" option, and then customized my calories and macronutrients under "Goals" Add about 100 calories for every trimester, so in your first trimester you only require about 100 calories more on top of your usual need. I can try and answer any other questions you might have :) You can add me as a friend if you'd like, I'd love to follow your journey and share mine as well! There are also a ton of great calculators and info out there, just google "pregnancy macros"!