NSV moment (:

Options
Around our park we have this walk way that if you go around it twice it equals one mile. Two years ago I wasn't able to jog around it once, I kept having to stop to catch my breath. Today I decided to try and at least jog one whole lap straight because I hadn't tried since I lost weight, and I'm proud to say I was able to jog both times around nonstop :happy: And I did it in 10 minutes which is a big change for me since my mile times before range from 11-12 minutes. So excited, what a great way to start my day

Replies

• 38Gigi38
    38Gigi38 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Fantastic NSV! You go girl!:smile:
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    That's a cool NSV! It's easy to see how losing weight helps our appearance. But when we see how it helps our physical well being that's just like icing on the cake...an added bonus!

Keep up the good work and thanks for the motivation!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!
    I'm proud of you!!!
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Great job!
  • StephCrabtree
    Options
    Terrific!!!! A very happy achievement!! :happy:
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    So awesome. I love these little victories. Before you know it you will be winning the Boston Marathon!
  • swylie
    swylie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sweet!
  • CynthiaS
    CynthiaS Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    yay thats a great nsv WTG
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    congratulations! I have always been rubbish at jogging but can feel the fitness improving now. You should be very very proud! :happy:
  • rhinobutt
    rhinobutt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's a cool NSV! It's easy to see how losing weight helps our appearance. But when we see how it helps our physical well being that's just like icing on the cake...an added bonus!

so very true!

Great job on your run!
  • Dukandoer
    Dukandoer Posts: 3
    Options
    That's super to hear! Definitely a NSV! and a surprise to yourself of all your accomplishments thus far! You are on about the same track as me-I started at 218. I'm doing the dukan diet and am down about 11 (gained 3/4 pound) at this mornings weigh in but hope to get to 157 and 145 would be absolutely ideal:) Congrats to you!!
  • BenKnowsFitness
    BenKnowsFitness Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    10 minute mile? That is really good.
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am still at that place where I can't jog a full mile, and I can't wait to be where you are now. Great job! I can only imagine how wonderful you feel! You are an inspiration.

BTW this is probably a stupid question but what does NSV stand for?
  • rure13
    rure13 Posts: 86
    Options
    Thank you everyone (:
    NSV is a non scale victory
  • Alyx128
    Alyx128 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone (:
    NSV is a non scale victory

Thanks! Now i have a new term to use!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!