Getting lazy about tracking

Options
So ever since we got back from a vacation out West a couple weeks ago (where I tracked 0% of what I ate), I've been super lazy about tracking. Over vacation, I told myself I'd just pick up where I left off when we got back, but that hasn't happened. I haven't gained any weight back yet, but I can already feel myself falling back into my old habits, and it scares me. Also, fall and winter are coming, and traditionally, I've been known to cook/eat pretty heavily during those seasons. And don't even get me started on all the tempting sweet treats! Ugh. Anyone have any advice for getting through this? :(

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Get back on it now. You're describing me about 3 months ago and I'm still struggling and am 4kg up.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i did this too from vacation last week. it helps me when i keep clothes i am trying to fit back into out where i can see them. it motivates me. Also meeting up with family over the holidays i want to have lost more before then. you can use those for motivation maybe?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You just got to do it! I know it's not what you want to hear but that's it. Logging is so easy.
  • inacrumbling
    inacrumbling Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Get back on it now. You're describing me about 3 months ago and I'm still struggling and am 4kg up.

Thanks. I'm trying... All the best to you in reaching your goals!
  • inacrumbling
    Options
    myaminals wrote: »
    i did this too from vacation last week. it helps me when i keep clothes i am trying to fit back into out where i can see them. it motivates me. Also meeting up with family over the holidays i want to have lost more before then. you can use those for motivation maybe?

Thanks for the tips! Maybe I'll get out a dress I haven't fit into for a while and hang it in a prominent place.
  • inacrumbling
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    You just got to do it! I know it's not what you want to hear but that's it. Logging is so easy.

I know...but it's not always so easy. Motivation isn't simply about doing something; it's also about believing you're worth the time and the work it takes to get there, which is something I've struggled with for a long time. I came from a place of deep depression after losing my sister to cancer last year, and at first I told myself I was doing this for her. But why not for me, too? ❤
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I would pick a day to start. Give yourself permission to skip logging until that day. On that day, start logging again. Taking away the "forbidden" feeling of not logging should take away some of the temptation.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I know...but it's not always so easy. Motivation isn't simply about doing something; it's also about believing you're worth the time and the work it takes to get there, which is something I've struggled with for a long time. I came from a place of deep depression after losing my sister to cancer last year, and at first I told myself I was doing this for her. But why not for me, too? ❤

Sorry for your loss, and keep in mind, we all have crosses to bear. You either do it or you don't. That's it. Good luck!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I lost my sister to cancer too. I totally get it. That's a hurt that goes deep and grieving seems to take over your life. Buy yourself a pretty new mug and sip some fancy tea so when you take time to enjoy thinking about her you're also being kind to yourself. Advice I took reluctantly, but really helped.