Too many calories left over, but not hungry. Do I eat anyway?

LUHAN27
LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I have a lot of calories left, I only ate about 600 calories today. I'm not hungry. Do I eat just to eat? I can't log out because my calorie goal is too low. :/ btw, it's quite late: around dinner time.

EDIT: This is not a typical day for me! I usually reach my calorie goals.

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Is this normal behavior for you or a real outlier?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    How are you measuring intake? I would be ill and quite hungry eating so little.
  • jtresor
    jtresor Posts: 3 Member
    try adding a shake 2 times a day...
    that can increase your calories, metabolism and keep you healthy
  • LUHAN27
    Is this normal behavior for you or a real outlier?

This isn't a regular day for me. This happens very rarely actually! :o I usually eat up to my calorie goal or at least eat enough to log out my diary.
  • LUHAN27
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    How are you measuring intake? I would be ill and quite hungry eating so little.

May I ask what you mean by measuring intake? :) Do you mean measuring my calories or something else? If calories I go based on package.
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    i would drink a protein shake in there with a scoop of peanut butter to get some more calories and to keep the metabolism going.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Unless you have an ED, you're on this forum because you need to lose a little weight. You didn't get overweight by only eating 600 calories a day. I don't know what you weigh or what your ultimate goals are. I would guess that you need to add a few more calorie dense foods to your diet, but can't really give any concrete advice without more information. Would you be willing to copy and paste a typical day from your diary?
  • I have the same thing going on. I think I recall you posting before about having trouble meeting your calorie goal for the day. For me, if it gets to the end of my day and I am still several hundred calories away from my goal I try to get in a few high calorie items. Things like eggs are higher calorie with not a lot of bulk if you cook them in a little butter. You could easily get 340 calories that way. Have a spoon full of peanut butter and that should get you almost there.
  • LUHAN27
    bogwoppt1 wrote: »
    Are you currently overweight? If so how did you manage that if you get full in 600 calories?

I honestly do not understand how that can be.

No body can be adequately nourished on 600 calories a day. Just not possible.

Eat half a container of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. That will sort you out and taste great.

This isn't a regular day for me. I don't eat 600 calories a day and feel "full". This is rare. I usually meet my calorie goal...some people can get full based on what they eat early in the day. For example if you eat a lot of carbs in the morning/lunch, you aren't going to as hungry.

Also, I don't have any Ben and Jerrys..
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    If you are taking the calories from the sides of the package then chances are you are actually eating way more than you think. The only way to accurately calculate your intake is to use a food scale to weigh everything you put in your mouth. Liquids measure with a cup.

Chances are you are eating way more than you think, and that is why you do not get hungry.

If I ate 600 cals of carbs from breakfast, I would be ready for at least 600 more by dinner.

As I said, you do not get to be overweight by not eating.
  • Also you said, "It's quite late, around dinner time."

Have you eaten dinner?
  • LUHAN27
    Also you said, "It's quite late, around dinner time."

Have you eaten dinner?

I've only eaten lunch. No dinner. Thank you for suggestions by the way.
  • bogwoppt1
    edited September 2016
    No, 600 calories are not enough, but if you took the calories of the package, and did not weigh them out, then you actually have no idea how much you really ate. You need to weigh your food. If you are full it is because you actually ate more than you think.
  • LUHAN27
    If you are taking the calories from the sides of the package then chances are you are actually eating way more than you think. The only way to accurately calculate your intake is to use a food scale to weigh everything you put in your mouth. Liquids measure with a cup.

Chances are you are eating way more than you think, and that is why you do not get hungry.

If I ate 600 cals of carbs from breakfast, I would be ready for at least 600 more by dinner.

That's interesting. I've been plan to get a food scale. I usually never eat this low of a calorie amount. My goal is set higher and I usually meet it.

• LUHAN27 wrote: »
    Also you said, "It's quite late, around dinner time."

Have you eaten dinner?

I've only eaten lunch. No dinner. Thank you for suggestions by the way.

You're welcome.

Maybe have dinner of some kind. Whatever you feel like you can eat. If you end up hungry in the night a midnight snack won't hurt either. I find that on days my appetite just isn't there I do end up hungry at some odd hour. But also I find it hard to force myself to eat when I just don't want to. Liquid calories could also be good in this situation. Maybe chocolate milk? Or a Milk shake?
  • bogwoppt1
    LUHAN27 wrote: »

That's interesting. I've been plan to get a food scale. I usually never eat this low of a calorie amount. My goal is set higher and I usually meet it.

Until you start weighing your food you have no real idea how much you are actually eating a day. That "600 cals" you think you are eating could easily be 1200 actual calories.