Eating unhealthy makes me sick

Options
So I started eating better for about 3mths I notice lately when I eat not so healthy food it bothers my stomach really bad. Has this ever happened to anyone else. Why does it happen

Replies

• freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes! This happens to me when I do badly. It must prove that we are beginning to change what our bodies are used to and they are not used to unhealthy food or overeating anymore.
  • ashesoh1234
    ashesoh1234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm having the same issue. A few weeks ago I ate nachos with some friends and they made me sick! Once you start getting all that junk out of your system, your body then reacts to it as though it's junk - which, of course, it is!!
  • LaurenRose19
    Options
    It happens to me too...I think your body just gets used to good food... It happened to me alot when I was a pescaterian and then started eating chicken and red meat again, at first i couldn't stomach it because my body wasn't used to the amount of fat that is in meat.... its just your body telling you that the food that you have been putting in your body is awesome, and that you don't need any junk food :D its a good thing
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I took a client to McDonald's a couple weeks ago, had water, small fries and a mcdouble...i was sick for 2 days!!!! NOT worth it
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, last time i had fried food, which was several months ago, and not even that much, my body gave me the big thumbs down. No more for me.
  • mattbryan
    mattbryan Posts: 147
    Options
    My totally unprofessional assumption would be because as you eat healthier, your body has to deal with the stuff that makes that food "bad" to begin with....hight fat/oil, high sodium, etc. When your body has to eat now, it isn't aclimated to breaking down those un-healthy quantities of the "bad stuff." I have heard that folks who scavange from dumpsters and trash cans for their food have to usually be gradually reintroduced to "normal" food because the drastic differences in the make up of the food.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Me too! I went cold turkey on junk for about a month after 2 years of eating horribly. Now if I eat something bad I get a tummy ache, if I eat something greasy my no-gall bladder body revolts and I'm in the bathroom for the rest tof the day. I will be staying away from greasy foods for not on.
  • egreene718
    egreene718 Posts: 32
    Options
    For the past week I havent been eating well n every morning this week I been waking up with horrible stomach pain.
  • egreene718
    egreene718 Posts: 32
    Options
    Same here
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My totally unprofessional assumption would be because as you eat healthier, your body has to deal with the stuff that makes that food "bad" to begin with....hight fat/oil, high sodium, etc. When your body has to eat now, it isn't aclimated to breaking down those un-healthy quantities of the "bad stuff." I have heard that folks who scavange from dumpsters and trash cans for their food have to usually be gradually reintroduced to "normal" food because the drastic differences in the make up of the food.

wow I wouldn't have thought about the reverse version...super interesting.
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I don't think we realized at the time when we were eating bad food that we felt bad because that's the way we grew up/gotten used to. It's only when we've experienced what feeling good means do we realize we feel like garbage when we eat bad food.

Our bodies are telling us that it doesn't want to go back to the junk.
  • stephiebam
    stephiebam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too. I can no longer tolerate greasy foods or overeating. My stomach has become extremely sensitive and I always experience a stomachache, indigestion, or gas when I get off track. Overall, I just feel disgusting when I eat junk food or overeat. But, I think it's a wonderful thing, because it keeps me on track and away from those foods and bad habits.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happened to me as well. Even when I started eating healthier, the healthy options made my tummy upset. Your body is just trying to get used to the changes. And now that I'm eating healthy, if I eat pizza or chinese, my tummy gets torn up! lol.