9 Pounds in 9 Weeks: Starts Sunday, Sept. 11th

Options

Replies

• chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    tlcshape wrote: »
    I'd like to lose 9 pounds or 2" from my waist by November 11th by giving up carbs after 3 pm daily, exercising 5 times a week, and limiting myself to one glass of wine a night. My 46th birthday is Nov. 14th and I'm tired of saying I will lose this extra weight someday. If you'd like to join me for the next nine weeks, just share your goal and what you will do to achieve it and we can support eacother!

Hi..how do i join this group please
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    @chezzac17 you join simply by saying you want to join :) it's just this forum thread, so simply start talking
  • beckih
    beckih Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    suebee143 wrote: »
    beckih wrote: »
    I'm in!!! I Lost 70 pounds in 2011-2012 for my big 4-0 (from 211 lbs down to 141 lbs). I have been up and down since then. Right now at 170 and I'm feel horrible!! Trying to hit 140 lbs by February. The 9 pounds in 9 weeks sounds like an awesome start! Let's do this!

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I lost 50 pounds and kept it off for 2 years, did a half marathon last year... Then all balance went out the window when I got promoted at work. The stress of the new position + a lot of work travel just threw me off my game. 143 was my sweet spot (hence my username) but I would be happy with 150. I am at 170 now, and I am mad at myself for losing control. No more tearing myself up, though. Time to just get it done!!

It's funny because I read your initial post and thought "hey, that sounds just like me!" It's hard when life gets in the way. So hard to stay on track when things get busy. I'm also a "Shredder" - On day 6 of Level 2. I've done it a few times before and it really works! And seriously, your weight issue is spot on with mine! I hit 141 the morning of my 40th birthday. And then never saw it again. 150 was pretty "comfortable." 170 just makes me feel terrible. It will be nice to cheer each other on!
  • beckih
    beckih Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    suebee143 wrote: »
    I'm in!!! I Lost 70 pounds in 2011-2012 for my big 4-0 (from 211 lbs down to 141 lbs). I have been up and down since then. Right now at 170 and I'm feel horrible!! Trying to hit 140 lbs by February. The 9 pounds in 9 weeks sounds like an awesome start! Let's do this!

Your story sounds a lot like mine. I lost 50 pounds and kept it off for 2 years, did a half marathon last year... Then all balance went out the window when I got promoted at work. The stress of the new position + a lot of work travel just threw me off my game. 143 was my sweet spot (hence my username) but I would be happy with 150. I am at 170 now, and I am mad at myself for losing control. No more tearing myself up, though. Time to just get it done!!

It's funny because I read your initial post and thought "hey, that sounds just like me!" It's hard when life gets in the way. So hard to stay on track when things get busy. I'm also a "Shredder" - On day 6 of Level 2. I've done it a few times before and it really works! And seriously, your weight issue is spot on with mine! I hit 141 the morning of my 40th birthday. And then never saw it again. 150 was pretty "comfortable." 170 just makes me feel terrible. It will be nice to cheer each other on!
    And congrats on the half marathon! That's quite an accomplishment!
  • suebee143
    suebee143 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thank you, beckih! :)

I started jogging when I was 43, did the couch to 5K. I love the Jillian workouts! A big reason for my weight loss had to do with support and accountability from friends, both online and IRL. So I am hoping we can all cheer each other on, too. :wink:
  • cilcil1981
    cilcil1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. I'm only trying to lose 12lbs. I have lost 2lbs with 10lbs to go. This will be a good start for me.
  • tlcshape
    tlcshape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @chezzac17 Just by commentng, I believe
  • bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well my last two days have been ruined by migraines... Unable to exercise and I haven't eaten well at all. Woke up this morn feeling better so time to get back on the horse and make the next few days count so I'm ready for Monday's weigh in.

Hope everyone's having a good week!
  • SamanthaLouiseMence
    Options
    Week two of 9
    Sept 11th - 191lbs
    Sept 17th - 187lbs

Total loss :- 4lbs
  • suebee143
    suebee143 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself a little early this week because I am getting ready to travel on a business trip and won't have access to a scale again until next Monday am. Here are my stats:

9/11: 171.2
    9/17: 168.7

I am very happy with this! I am sitting in the airport, surrounded by delicious food, and managed to get myself a greek yogurt sprinkled with granola and walnuts for breakfast. One thing I take advantage of when I am traveling is running on the treadmill in the hotel gym, since I don't have one, and I don't belong to a gym. Looking forward to another successful week!
  • chezzac17
    Options

I'm not having much success with my weight loss. ..I'm very happy and inspired by all you guys that are loosing.......thanks for the add...
  • chezzac17
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    I am starting at 160 this morning and have lost 15 lbs so far (which is quite a lot since beginning of August) I am doing Calories In less than calories out using MFP guidelines at 1lb loss per week and doing a lot of cardio and eating back most of my exercise points. ( I use a fitbit surge) I eat mostly clean foods and use volume to feel full... lots of cabbage and spinach and spaghetti squash. I don't drink soda or alcohol. I don't eat bread, pasta, or other simple carbs.
    My guilty pleasure is a granola bar as an evening snack if I have the calories.
    Please try to add me as a friend, I have a hard time adding folks.

Hi....how do live without carbs?and what fills you up?.....just wondering. .thank you. .
  • chezzac17
    Options
    NerineLuna wrote: »
    @chezzac17 you join simply by saying you want to join :) it's just this forum thread, so simply start talking

Thank you
  • chezzac17
    Options
    May 1: 169
    Sept 1: 152
    Sept 5: 151.5
    Sept 9: 151
    Sept 12: 150.5
    Sept 17: 150 woohoo!
    On track -- one pound per week! Happy with this. Not sure if I can lose 5 pounds in a month. I hope to lose 4!

Hi there
    .would i be able to see your diary please add you r doing fantastic. ..thank you
  • chezzac17
    Options

thank you...
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sept 11th 190lb
    Sept 17th 189lb

-1lb this week
  • beemac52014
    beemac52014 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Glad to see people's successes! I lost my pound this week and tried a new yoga burn class. We had family visiting and lots of food and celebration, but I planned ahead and did pretty well avoiding too many bad decisions. So far, so good!
  • amchea81
    amchea81 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Can I join too? Im a week late but have logged a 2.2 loss this last week! I just started my second week of C25k today.

I've had a rough 6 months or so but am trying to focus on me again and getting life back in order!