The UNsecret to my success thus far!

Options
bethdris
bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
So 120 days ago I weighed 246.2. (Im only 5'9) Not a healthy combination. Today I am 179.3! I'm 4.3 pounds awaya from my goal. Needless to say, I am very proud of how far I've come. I've seen what others do, and took some tips. This is what works for ME. ( I am not a dr, nor do I claim this is the only way to lose weight).

1. I work out 6-7 days a week. (the 7th day used to be my day of rest, but instead I just workout less)

2. I drink at LEAST 12 8 oz glasses of water a day. Usually it is more. (this didn't happen overnight).

3. I keep my diary open to my friends. I think it only helps along the way to have others look and see what your eating and give feedback.

4. I do NOT have "cheat days". I know that probably sounds boring and stuffy, but if it doesn't fit into my calories for the day, I don't eat it. I've not felt deprived either. I find it counterproductive to mess up weeks' worth of hard work in just 1 day.

5. I don't eat back the majority of my exercise calories.

6. I started workout at midnight, it just works better with having 3 kids underfoot.

Replies

• ritarampage
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Your tips are simple, but clearly effective.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    You are doing fabulous! Please make sure you're getting enough sleep!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    You are doing fabulous! Please make sure you're getting enough sleep!

I work better on less sleep. Not only do I get more done when the kiddies are sleeping, I feel better after accomplishing such tasks. The days my husband is off, are my "sleep in "days. If I do get tired during the day, I nap when they do. (they're young still) :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So 120 days ago I weighed 246.2. (Im only 5'9) Not a healthy combination. Today I am 179.3! I'm 4.3 pounds awaya from my goal. Needless to say, I am very proud of how far I've come. I've seen what others do, and took some tips. This is what works for ME. ( I am not a dr, nor do I claim this is the only way to lose weight).

1. I work out 6-7 days a week. (the 7th day used to be my day of rest, but instead I just workout less)

2. I drink at LEAST 12 8 oz glasses of water a day. Usually it is more. (this didn't happen overnight).

3. I keep my diary open to my friends. I think it only helps along the way to have others look and see what your eating and give feedback.

4. I do NOT have "cheat days". I know that probably sounds boring and stuffy, but if it doesn't fit into my calories for the day, I don't eat it. I've not felt deprived either. I find it counterproductive to mess up weeks' worth of hard work in just 1 day.

5. I don't eat back the majority of my exercise calories.

6. I started workout at midnight, it just works better with having 3 kids underfoot.

You've done awesome!! You shot right pass me with your weight loss but I've been a bad girl on a few occasions :blushing: My goal was 180 by mid July. I was 236 in January. Not gonna happen but I'll take what I've accomplished. :smile:

Keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • YvetteSmith69
    Options
    Wow! That is incredible. Good for you.
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    well done! and fast :)
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You seems to be doing great keep it up.
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on your hard work and thanks for sharing!
  • mousumi30
    mousumi30 Posts: 52
    Options
    Congratulation Beth , i agree with everything you wrote.i want to follow your way and one day maybe I will achieve my goal too.
    Have a great Sunday with your kids and hubby
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great job and great advice!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    "Like" great work and discipline
  • determined2bfit
    determined2bfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, seriously wow! Awesome work!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Great job!! :smile:
  • alyssa12299
    Options
    congrats! thanks for the tips
  • AuntieOxidant
    Options
    Beth, you're clearly a woman with a PLAN! :flowerforyou: We're all heartened and encouraged by your carefully crafted plan, which reflects a real investment of your time and energy toward long-term maintenance. And wow - between the kids and your workout schedule, you're *incinerating* those calories!
  • TanajaP
    TanajaP Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    so.. when you're finished, can i borrow some strength and willpower? lol =)
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You've got some awesome momentum going, wish I could get that motivation and stick with it! I joined the gym and have finally been losing some. You are an inspiration, so proud of you!
  • Calidiva3j
    Options
    Very inspiring!! Keep up the great work!
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    hard work and dedication pays off. great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!