Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New and 1st time posting

Hey everyone! I started today with my weigh-in and want to lose 40-50 #'s. This past year I've been a member of WW, but have lost the drive and willpower; to lose and stay focused with their program. I have put back on 20 of the 40 #'s :embarassed: I had lost. WW does work, but I guess I need something different, to get me motivated again. I'm hoping ths site will help me reach my goal :smile:.

Replies

• NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    welcome!

:smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome!!
  • khizra
    khizra Posts: 1
    welcome !! =)
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    As a past WW member, I find MFP (MyfitnessPall) site much more encouraging and supportive. It's nice to be able to log on and read all the community posts any time support is needed versus waiting for a meeting where someone is talking at you about something that may or may not be of interest.

Congratulations on staying committed to yourself and finding a new avenue to lose weight!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Welcome - this site is great for keeping you accountable for all the choices you make. Just make sure you're honest when logging information and I will guarantee that it would work for anyone willing to put in the effort.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you want extra motivation :smile: Vx
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Welcome. I also was a WW member, and prefer this to thier program. I like being accountable for what I eat, and that there are many friendly ppl willing to reach out and help, just as there was in WW. Good luck, and welcome to our journey.:happy:
  • Hi
    Motivation seems to be the hardest thing to gain. I have had this problem as well. I'm starting today and pray I can keep up with it. I can't seem to stop eating. My stomach is disgusting. Plus I am on the depo-shot. One thing I've learned with food is not to stop cold-turkey. Its hard to stop eating sweets, stop drinking soda, stop eating fried/fast food, drink 8 glasses of water in one week. Just cut back. Do a physical activity everyday no matter how little. Do exercises during commercial breaks. If you try to start out full-force, you will burn out and lose motivation. My problems has been expecting results too quickly. Hopefully fitness pal and help us both, and unlike weight watchers, IT"S FREE!!! We can do. My motivation is getting in a bathing suit by September. My friends and I are going to the beach. Also try to find a friend who wants to lose weight as well, and you guys can motivate one another. Good Luck!
  • ciara_x
    ciara_x Posts: 20 Member
    welcome and good luck! with the right motivation i'm sure you'll do great!
  • StLGranE
    StLGranE Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone! I'm getting excited about this site and my weight loss journey :bigsmile: