Just changed my goal to a half pound a week.

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
I just couldn't get under my calories for a full pound. I'm kind of sad about it. I feel like I'm giving up. But all the working out I do makes me really hungry. I've been having seconds at dinner. This afternoon I just couldn't stop eating. And then I eat to much, and feel bad about going over. Maybe it's just better for my ego to try for a slightly higher number. Gah. Disappointed with myself.

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories?
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! You're not giving up or giving in. You're just changing your tactic.
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Don't be disappointed in yourself... at least you are up moving. Have you tried water as an appetite supressant? I tell myself that I can eat whatever I want if I drink 16 oz of water first and then wait 15 minutes. I then set a timer. It is working for me and I have some serious binge eating history. Hope this might be helpful to you.
  • kerenjackson06
    kerenjackson06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A half a pound a week is a really healthy way to lose weight, so don't be down on yourself!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    are you eating your exercise calories?

Yeah, most of the time. I'd be REALLY hungry if I wasn't. They only time I don't eat all of them is when I mountain bike and burn 1000+ and even then I probably eat most of them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're REALLY close to your goal, so that's a very good plan.

I noticed when I changed to a half pound goal, my weight loss slowed, but it seemed like there more fat loss. It made a bigger difference. My body started changing faster, and my strength and endurance were noticeably better. IE, it was shortly after making the switch to a half pound a week that I was able to do pushups from the toes instead of from the knees. I could hold planks longer. Run longer and faster. Everything improved.
  • shellyrell28
    Options
    you cant be disappointed with yourself...you are doing a great job!! bc ur working out ur metabolism is rising. wen you feel hungry instead of eating seconds pik up a fruit or eat some steamed veggie at least you kno its low in cals and it will curb ur hunger. also drink lots n lots of water...
  • ACEgirl1
    ACEgirl1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I just can't help but look at how far you've come. You should not be disappointed in yourself at all! You are moving, and that is huge.
  • Selly7749
    Selly7749 Posts: 48
    Options
    Don't be disappointed! You're doing fantastically well, you're almost there - and it's important that you make sensible decisions for yourself. You've not given up, you've made a sensible decision and responded to what your body needs, and that's an important part of any weight loss plan.

How are your energy levels throughout the day? I found that I was having massive dips in my energy last week, so I've got myself some Iron supplements and a B vitamin complex - perhaps these could help you too if you find yourself hungry a lot of the time?
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just looking at your ticker, it looks like you don't have much to lose. My understanding is that in the last few pounds it is better to lower your goal and lose it slowly so you don't lose muscle. I lowered my goal to half a pound, am enjoying those extra calories and seem to be losing weight easier.

Good luck to you!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Ditto everyone else - it's probably a really good plan with you being so close to goal. I actually cut back on my workouts last week because I just could not eat back all of my exercise calories (or even a good portion - I net like 400 cals a couple times, and I don't like that)... I think staying within my regular calories, and then having the wiggle room of one workout's worth of exercise calories might help me stay on track a bit better. Of course we'll see how that goes on the scale this week.