How much weight will i gain?

Options
Today, i reall yhad an off day. I ate approx 2815 calories, and i'm supposed to eat 1200 cal. I did an hour of jogging, but im still at approx -1000 calories. How much weight will I gain tomorrow or the next day? is there any way of calculating this? (by the way i wiegh 57.7 at the moment).

Replies

• celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    I dont think you can know very accurately how much you'll gain, but 1kg is around 7700 kcals, so 1000 kcals are more or less 130g. You're supposed to eat 1200 to mantain, or to lose weight? dont forget that you probably are already subtracting some calories when you say 1200. dont worry!
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no, there really isn't. Some of what you ate may cause you to retain water, which might cause a false uptick. You also might have done a funny thing and jumped your metabolism. Sometimes, eating a LOT can send your metabolism into overdrive and you'll lose.

The art of losing weight is a game of numbers, sort of. It's about calories in vs. calories out. But, we don't only burn calories by exercising. We burn the majority of our calories just surviving (BMR) and your daily BMR changes. If you exercised more and then ate more, it's possible that those two metabolic boosters will combine to burn all that you ate plus some extra. Many MFPers have great luck with a "cheat" day, which actually boosts the metabolism and puts weight loss into high gear.

Wait and see. If you're disappointed, it's one day, and don't sweat it. Keep on doing what you're doing. If you're happy with the result, celebrate. And then keep on doing what you're doing. Either way, one day is just one day. One day makes not, or breaks not, a nutrition plan.