Motivation Lost - if found please return

Options
I actally joined this site a few weeks ago, but didn't stick to it, ended up putting weight on - oooops!!

Re-set all my goals and targets, hopefully this time I will stick to it and get to my target weight soon!

Replies

• lucysmommy
    lucysmommy Posts: 460
    Options
    good luck - feel free to add me as a friend
    x
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me - I'm on most days and actively comment.
    You can do this!
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    pick up a few good motivational friends. It really helps and then just do it!
  • morgat17
    morgat17 Posts: 17
    Options
    Same here! Feel free to add me! I'm just starting out on here! Tuesday will be one week. I'm doing this...you can too!
  • angie_roo
    angie_roo Posts: 55
    Options
    You can do it!
  • animegirl32
    animegirl32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me Abi80 - Now I'm back and I want to really make this work.

We can do this!!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing...I am starting over too! I just went back and deleted all of my old weights so I don't feel like I have to back pedal :) It's a new day and anything is possible! I am adding friends to help stay motivated and instead of going on FB a couple of times a day I am coming here to keep my motivation going :wink:
  • Amybiker
    Amybiker Posts: 7
    Options
    I used this site last year & it worked for me. When I quit using it, I let the weight start building up again. I just recently started using it again and it is already helping me. Feel free to add me as a friend as well. GOOD LUCK! We can all do it!!!
  • Danita_1973
    Danita_1973 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. I made MFP my home page on the computer. It has helped more than I imagined it would. I feel guilty if I don't log when it pops up. I have logged more than 10 days striaight now!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You sound alot like me! I started using this site back in november(!?) and I just never really kept track of myself and di also end up gaining more weight for me to try and lose! I'm now on track (in a sense) able to get on here regulary and track my calories. But I also did what you did and reset my goals and didn't make them as hard on myself so that I didnt feel completely de-motivated if I didnt hit them.....

Anyway good luck and feeel free to add me :)
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    It is totally worth it to keep coming back. This site is awesome and really motivates. Even if you don't log your food, at least log in everyday. I find checking in with my MFP friends really helps me get motivated!!! Feel free to add me!!!
    ps: Super cute doggie!!!
  • Chante88
    Chante88 Posts: 12
    Options
    I think at some point every one on the journal to fitness losses their motivation. The ability to get it back lies in your power to be dedicated to being the best you you can be. For me, when im stressed out i eat and lose my motivation to stick to the healthy foods, this was definitely my issue this week. But instead of feeling defeated and beating myself up over it, i still worked out everyday and kept reminding myself that tomorrow and next week would be a better day and a better week and im determined to make that very true. I have learned over the years that regardless what you slip up and eat you have to keep working out and get back on the healthy eating bandwagon. Hope this helps, feel free to add me
  • stephspov
    stephspov Posts: 3
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago (a couple of my friends are on too), so it's hard for me to say where I will be in a few weeks. I am 45 years old and in the past 2 years managed to pack on 20lbs. I have already lost a couple of pounds and hope to keep it up. I find it motivates me to work out more...to add a few extra minutes, so I can get more calories to consume! The other night I wanted the popcorn (not low fat) I made for my kids, so I got a little bowl, ate it, didn't post it, but I'm still losing weight. I didn't post it because I didn't know how to calculate extra butter and cheese added to Homestyle popcorn. I find if I deprive myself too much, I fall off the wagon too. Feel free to add me as a friend too if you'd like! :wink:
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    When I read through the boards, it usually makes me motivated. Good luck!

Debbie
  • grammiegert
    Options
    Just a little bit ago I made the commitment to start again also. I signed in for the first time in May and then when I got stressed out I turned to food right away. I hope you do well and try not to do it alone. That was my mistake. I should have visited My Fitness Pal right away for the support I needed to have. Let's both try to do that if we feel ourselves in that position again. Good Luck to you.
    Grammie Gert
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I found some motivation hiding under a couch cushion-is this yours?

Feel free to add me.