My first 5K - Race for Life (NSV)

Options
curvykatie
curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
Hi All,

Today has to have been my proudest fitness moment ever!!!!!

I completed the Race for Life in 38 mins and 3 seconds!!!!!

I have never been able to run, i'll have gotten to a minute then had to stop for some reason. The longest i had EVER ran was 12min and that was quite a few years ago.

I got to the race today and had decided i would walk it and had given myself the goal of doing it in 45mins.

When i spoke to the people i was doing the race with they said they would all start off running, and because i didnt want to be left on my own i said i would too and joined the 'jogging' group (there was three groups, running, jogging and walking)

So i set off thinking i wasnt going to go very far, after a little bit i looked back and was absolutly shocked at how far i'd gone and how i still felt fine, so i just kept going and going and going.

Out of the 5km i ran/jogged about 4km and walked 1km.

I am so proud of myself for doing that, i was amazed that i was able to even do it - on my first proper attempt/run out of the gym.

It was a great event to run for as well, so hopefully we'll have raised a lot for Cancer Research.

I think i might have to run more oftern now that i know i can do it - it;s definatly easier running outside than it is inside on a treadmill.

Katie
xxx

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just finished my fourth 5K last night! Once you get one under your belt, they're kind of contagious! Proud of you for getting in there and giving it a go!!
  • 916SAC
    916SAC Posts: 39
    Options
    Congratulations - I am considering running one next month.
  • Enchantica
    Enchantica Posts: 117
    Options
    Many congratulations! You did really well. I jogged my Race for Life event here in Lincoln yesterday - and I did it in 34 minutes 44 seconds so you did amazingly well. Good on you!
    Netty
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    Awesome news! I agree on them being addicting! I did my very first 5k yesterday morning.

It is a very cool experience.

Congrats on your accomplishment!

Sarah
  • TakuraHunt
    TakuraHunt Posts: 208
    Options
    Congrats to you... :flowerforyou: That's so wonderful. :smile: I ran my first 5k last month, and will be doing another one on the 30th of this month. My first goal was just to complete to 5k... this time my goal is to improve my time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!