Vegetarian & Weight Loss

Options
I started being a vegetarian on August 20, 2016. It has been three weeks, and I lost 3-4 lbs with moderate exercise every day. I want to see if there are anyone out there doing the same thing.

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost weight as a vegetarian. Potato chips and iced cream and Indian cream sauces don't have meat in them, so, you still have to do appropriate serving sizes, etc.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Me too, @NorthCascades . I've lost, I've gained, I've lost some more and gained again, all being a vegetarian (pescetarian) for almost ten years now.

You can eat super healthy as a vegetarian, but if you're like me, you can also eat an entire box of pasta in two sittings with a whole wedge of French brie and a bottle of wine, so....

Portion control and moderation, just like with every other type of diet.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    Vegetarian here too...but a lot of sweets, chips, n pasta are meat free, but things that need to be limited
  • dawnjordanmusil
    dawnjordanmusil Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm a chubby vegetarian here lol I've been up and down but now I'm ready to focus on the fruits and veggies. I'd love some friends! Any of you doing a diet bet? I love that app!
  • GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't do diet bets, but I am a vegetarian & always looking for more MFP friends. :)