Lunch ideas - no microwave

Options
nezuzo
nezuzo Posts: 2 Member
Hey
Does anyone have any healthy lunch ideas for university? I don't have access to a microwave on campus so I need lunch that does not need to be warmed

Replies

• shanimay23
    shanimay23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey! How about cold chicken wraps? Or cous cous salad?
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wraps are a great idea! Also I would recommend a salad, or even a classic pb&j (just be light on the pb.) You can find a bunch of rad bento boxes online (like bentgo.. they make a few good ones) and you can fill those with whatever. One of my (admittedly weird) go-tos back when I didn't have a microwave was a portion of quinoa, and then I would have a side portion of chipotle dressing that I would mix in with some hot sauce, and then on the bottom some steamed veggies I could eat cold.
  • Monisha4005
    Monisha4005 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Salads w/o dairy such as 3 bean, Spinach Salad, etc. If you have access to a keurig only for example they do make kcup soups.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fresh spring rolls.
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My son likes real food and not sandwiches so for lunch I pack him and I similar things. Taco salads, Chicken Caesar Salad, flat out wrap with ff refried beans salsa lettuce tomato and cheese, pasta salads, bean salads
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can also do bento box meals. There's a thread on here with a lot of good ideas
  • _Dannielle_
    _Dannielle_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Onigiri is a good filling lunch. I love bento boxes!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, fruit, and salad would be a good start.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Onigiri is a good filling lunch. I love bento boxes!

That would be good. But OP, what are your goals?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    sammich and a salad
  • sarahparishflannery
    Options
    Mix protein powder into plain yogurt, add berries and granola. Be careful when buying granola though, some are packed with sugar. I use Bear Naked Fit vanilla almond granola.
  • DaytonaTheHousecat
    DaytonaTheHousecat Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love chicken or tuna salads. With mayo, onions,lime,cilantro and bell peppers. It's soo good! Especially with corn tortilla chips and tapatio hot sauce !
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Get a thermos. It will keep soups and stews warm for hours.

I like grain salads served room temperature. Try Bulger wheat instead of couse cous. I roast eggplant and onion,garlic. Add chick peas, feta, toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley. Add a lemon vinaigrette and the cooked bulger. Delicious!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A second the vote for grain and bean salads :) You can add a lot of veggies to these (raw or roasted).