Seasonings for Chicken burger

Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
I'm planning on getting some ground chicken. The recipe doesn't call for much other than salt, pepper and lime juice. The lime juice tends to cook out during preparation though

That aside. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with white meat burgers and various seasoning to make it pop better.

I have some ideas but imagined I'd be enlightened onto more upon posting this.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Stubb's green chili anytime sauce. It makes a regular appearance on my turkey burgers.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    1lb ground anything (turkey, chicken, or beef) 1 large egg, 1TBS Worcester sauce, 2tsp minced garlic, 1/4tsp pepper, 1/2tsp salt and 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs. press into 1/4lbs patties.
  • debwebhur
    debwebhur Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add minced garlic and onions along with spinach or cilantro or parsley
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Honestly, most spices in your cabinet will work, because chicken is so plain. I would go with seasonings that go with your toppings. If you top it with pepper jack cheese, maybe go with Mexican type spices like chili powder, cumin and garlic. If you are going to top it with tomatoes and mozzarella, go with Italian seasonings like basil and oregano. Mix it up and see what you like!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I've made these burgers a lot and they're really good:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/chicken-cordon-bleu-burgers-recipe.html
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mix Hoisin sauce and lowfat mayonnaise together and either spread on the bun or just dip the chicken burger in it. Very good! I also eat this with tomatoes and cilantro!