Is it possible to lose 20 by Christmas?

Options
How can I do it? Is jt possible? I had a baby 3 months ago and I'm ready to lose this extra weight! I am 168 5'6 I am a runner and recently have been running maybe 4-5 miles a week... I was up to a half marathon prior to the baby. I have 2 kids a full time job so diets going to be my best strategy anyone want to help me?

Replies

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    It's possible, but many would say for your starting weight it's a bit on the aggressive side. I tend to think that staying within the guideline of 1% weight loss per week of body weight is probably good for those needing long term weight loss. In your case, if the 20 is all you want to lose, it might be just as safe, since it's not a long period of time.

Plus I like donuts and stuff. And slower weight loss allows more donuts and stuff. :smile:
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week for 12 weeks is 24 pounds. It can be done but a 1000 calorie deficit over the holidays is going to SUCK and you're going to lose more muscle than you'd like...if you really do it make sure to eat tons of protein and lift weights to protect your muscle as much as possible.
  • haviegirl
    haviegirl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's possible. But wouldn't any loss be great, even if you don't hit twenty lost by Christmas? Even losing ten by then will make you feel great, wouldn't it? So get started, set reasonable goals, and get ready for success. Ten or twelve by Christmas is WAY better than none, right?
  • dawnjordanmusil
    dawnjordanmusil Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started at 168 twelve days ago. I'm at 164 right now. I plan on losing 20 or a little more by Christmas. I'm doing 10 miles 5 times a week on my dual action bike and strength training 4 times a week. No eating after 6. No processed foods, you can use a meal replacement or just eat fruits and veggies all day. No alcohol either and drink lots of water. It's working so far and I actually am liking this!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    That sounds a bit drastic, but you can certainly make a noticeable difference by then. How about shooting for Valentine's Day, knowing that if you stick to your plan, you'll look fantastic at Christmas?