Cardio or weights?

Options
When you work out which do you prefer more then the other cardio or weight lifting?
For me I love hitting the weights :)

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    i do both
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm a mixture of both - I like the hard hitting energy you burn by going to a good cardio class but also like the feeling in your muscles that you get by really working them. Aerobic and anaerobic......win win really for me :smile: Vx
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    i wear my ankle weights 24/7! loooove them! :D.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Both, real fitness isn't one or the other it's a mixture! I do tend to avoid the machines that have me doing .... movements... that I would never use in the real world though... so I love the rowing machine but the arc? glider or elliptical... naw, nowhere in my life do I move like that so I don't need the muscle memory of doing so ;)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i also do both, but it depends on what i'm doing. I don't like cardio when I'm doing it to burn, not for fun.. and I don't like certain lifting exercises.. but i love doing them both! Lifting is fun, and you get to feel all cool, because you're one of the select few women out there going for it!
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I do both. Last summer I strictly did cardio...I lost weight...but I am seeing a huge difference in my body this summer by adding in weight training! Plus....you want to tone your body after it has been hiding under fat and I have heard you lose fat faster if you have lean muscle!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I prefer cardio but I do a combination of both. I'm learning to love strength training though. The muscle definition I'm seeing is awesome.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I do both, but I love love love weights. I love lifting weights and I love bodyweight exercises. I can only deal with cardio in short bursts like HIIT or doing mountain biking, trail running or hiking. I could never in a million years do any kind of cardio inside in a gym or on a machine.
  • heatherzotigh
    Options
    tough one... trail running in the elements is probably my fav--love running in the snow! but also love the way my body looks after a weight day! I do three days of weights and 5-6 days of cardio...
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I prefer weights, without question, and if you're lifting correctly, you're getting a good cardio workout, too. This idea that lifting weights isn't "cardio" is ridiculous. When I finish a kettlebell workout, my heart is pounding just as much as when I finish uphill sprints.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    45 mins of cardio and 30 of weight training a day at the gym....since I have added weight training I have'nt been losing as fast but I love seeing the muscles tightening and inches lost....
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do both, but I love lifting weights...it's my passion. I would love to be a personal trainer.

Can't lose weight without cardio though. Darn!!
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have my days. Some days I just feel like Cardio and other days I can't wait ti hut the weights.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    both.....depends on the day though. If I could only do 1 thing though, I'd run.....so cardio I guess.
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    Options
    do both you need to build muscle but you need the stamina cardio gives you
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love both. I especially love the excercises that are both muscle training and cardio like a lot of the HIIT excercises.
  • julieann5171
    Options
    Both are awesome! Love to mix it up with Interval Training!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i like weights but really depends on the cardio. stuff like ellipitcal nice but boring, now zumba or insanity love love
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love cardio, I do both weight and resistance training ( pool & resistance bands) Cardio 7 days a week, training 3...
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do both. I work out with a trainer 3 x a week, :bigsmile: and she has me use weights during my work outs.. I do cardio on my other days.