Hello! Nurse from Ontario, Canada

Options
Hi! I'm Nadine a 39 year old married, mother of 4 from Ontario Canada. I'm looking to lose approximately 30 pounds by my 40th birthday at the end of January. I'm looking for motivational tips for the journey!

Replies

• aliciapastorlecha
    aliciapastorlecha Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! you can do it!, watch what you eat and workout and be patience with the process!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Newmarket Ontario, here.

Welcome!
  • jess427
    jess427 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have found that logging every single thing I eat makes me feel more accountable for the weight I've gained. I no longer think geez where did this weight creep up from because i never considered how many calories were going into each meal before. it makes me consider healthier options when before I didn't think it would make so much of a difference. That and adding people who are encouraging and supportive has motivated me to keep going when I wanna give up and just eat anything
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Nadine - Welcome & Good luck :)
  • sharlah77
    sharlah77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm in Ontario and in desperate need of motivation!! True weight loss hasn't been successful for me and I have about 40lbs to use. I'm 35, married, curvy and I love it but would prefer to just have a few less!! My vices are snacking and portion control. My trigger to succeed this time is thanks to my wonderful husband, who shocked me by mentioning that I eat more than he does. :( Looking for FitBit friends and anyone with any advice. Thanks!
  • yourfavenursenadine
    Options
    sharlah77 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I'm in Ontario and in desperate need of motivation!! True weight loss hasn't been successful for me and I have about 40lbs to use. I'm 35, married, curvy and I love it but would prefer to just have a few less!! My vices are snacking and portion control. My trigger to succeed this time is thanks to my wonderful husband, who shocked me by mentioning that I eat more than he does. :( Looking for FitBit friends and anyone with any advice. Thanks!
    We have the same vices lol. Plus I love wine.
  • pakita19
    pakita19 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am from Northern Ontario, and shiftworker in Ambulance field. Started MFP about 10 days ago... And have lost 5lbs.. and got another 50 lbs to go. lol Looking for new friends on here and or fitbit.. I am mother of two young children. Full time work, and hoping to meet some more peeps from Ontario who may be struggling like I am to work hard and eat better.
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Ah! Welcome and hello! I'm in SW Ontario and have another 10-20 lbs to go. I too like wine....