three weeks of traveling: no gain

Options
Yep, I think I have a good idea about how much I can eat without thinking too much about it. Came back from a 3 week work holiday (archaeological dig) in Southern Europe yesterday evening and just stepped on the scales for the first time since then. Prevacation I was at 56.6kg, now I'm 57.7, which is probably including the usual flight-bloat. Plus the last measurement was a bit on the low side. What did I eat? During dig days a typical southern European breakfast of not much, complemented with cornflakes and milk (only option, apart from flimsy sweet things), a massive baguette with salami at lunch, at times a second small warm lunch at 3, and various tapas in the evening. On days off basically 2-3 big baguettes with lots of lovely, high calorie things on them and tapas - plus very nice pastry. Worked!

Replies

• artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It is great that you can eat intuitively and listen to your body's cues on when you've had enough. I have been unable to do that. I can't portion control without measuring, weighing, and planning/logging food. I'm envious of those whose bodies can achieve this function! Fantastic for you!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    But did you drink any sangria? I'm off to Barcelona for a week tomorrow for my holidays. I won't be logging all of my food, but I'll try my best to stay aware. And I'll be doing a ton of walking too! Thanks for sharing this - it's a most timely post! And I think that it's just as well that I won't be away for more than a week! :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,522 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    But did you drink any sangria? I'm off to Barcelona for a week tomorrow for my holidays. I won't be logging all of my food, but I'll try my best to stay aware. And I'll be doing a ton of walking too! Thanks for sharing this - it's a most timely post! And I think that it's just as well that I won't be away for more than a week! :)

I tried a tester bottle of the local gin, and otherwise stuck to water and coke zero. Guess it was my luck that I had to get up before 6 to dodge the heat while digging and was still busy during the siesta. My dinner was usually fairly early for Spain, bed time too and I never got to visit a bar ;)

I don't think you can get it in Barcelona, but I got completely addicted to Sobrassada, a raw cured pork sausage, which is heaven on a freshly baked baguette!

Enjoy your vacation in Barcelona :smile: I'm sure it will be marvelous! And for just one week don't try to worry too much. If you overeat by 500cal each day you'll probably gain 1 pound. And don't get scared by the scale once you get back. My flight bloat usually is about 1-1.5kg. It will go again in a few days.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I praise your success...right now, I'm trying to lose without logging because ... well? I want to be you. I don't want to log forever, to me, it isn't the way to live the life I want. So far.. I'm shrinking slowly but not there yet...and I hope I can achieve your success..because the true test is traveling and not gaining. Congrats to you!!! :)
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You did great! I am sure your activity staying busy helped offset your extra calories too. I am starting to eat minefully without logging in too to see how I do. I am in maintenance mode and I have reach my goal weight range.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!! Learning to let go!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,522 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) The bloat seems to have gone. Around 57kg is absolutely the daily average for me :)