lost 400 grams today

Options
So I lost some weight, and that's awesome. Do I need to stay under the calories mfp says I should take daily? Mfp says I need to take 2070 calories a day. I work out on the elliptical machine for about half an hour on an empty stomach 3-4 times a week but I don't register it on the diary cause it's inaccurate. Today I skipped breakfast cause I woke up at 12:40pm. Gonna reset sleep schedule today. It's fairly easy to not go above the daily calorie limit. What do I need to do?

Replies

• MJade63
    MJade63 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you're doing if it's working :)
  • xperiencerage
    xperiencerage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I guess that makes sense
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    personally i look at my weekly calorie goal, not daily, some days i'm under, some time over, it balances out (and means i can fit in eating at a restaurant, ordering pizza on a friday night etc).

other than that thought is sounds like you're doing fine
  • xperiencerage
    Options
    Just started 2 days ago. And since it's going pretty well I don't want to *kitten* it up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just started 2 days ago. And since it's going pretty well I don't want to *kitten* it up

weighing yourself every day is quite often a recipe for disaster unless you understand fluctuations....
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options

weighing yourself every day is quite often a recipe for disaster unless you understand fluctuations....

Yup...

zqe987mgblxo.png
  • xperiencerage
    Options
    I'm gonna weigh in again in a week. Just wanted to see if what I do works.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna weigh in again in a week. Just wanted to see if what I do works.

If you continue to lose weight gradually, it's working. ;)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    2 days isn't a big enough sample size to see if what you are doing is working. Stick to it for a few weeks and make any necessary adjustments. Stick to it again for a few weeks and make any necessary adjustments. Continue this cycle til you reach your healthy goal weight, then continue to do it once you are in maintenance.

Also, weighing in daily is great for understanding and learning about how and why your weight fluctuates. Its a great tool. Just learn to be patient. As you can see in the graph above, its constantly going up and down, but the overall trend is down, and that is what you need to be looking for.

Hope this helps!