Big breakfast sets me up to fail... Help!

Options
I know or at least thought a big breakfast was better than a big supper.... I find that I set myself up to fail when I do that- if I have a light breakfast and planned snacks between meals helps keep me on track better.... Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks!

Replies

• zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Do what is best for you. Depending on my day especially when I have a ton of meetings, I do a big breakfast. Otherwise, I have coffee and piece of fruit.
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. I adjusted my eating so that I have yogurt, fruit & cheese for breakfast, then a large lunch and a smaller dinner (most of my calories are for lunch) with a protein type snack between breakfast and lunch and maybe a snack after dinner/before bed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    arinbolt wrote: »
    I know or at least thought a big breakfast was better than a big supper.... I find that I set myself up to fail when I do that- if I have a light breakfast and planned snacks between meals helps keep me on track better.... Any thoughts or feedback? Thanks!

eat a light breakfast....?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Eating timing doesn't make a lick of difference. What makes a huge difference is doing what suits you. Don't have a big breakfast if it messes up your day. Hell, don't eat it at all if you don't want to.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a big breakfast helps me get through most of the day and even lunch time without being hungry. Some days I am just ravenous all day - play it by ear, eat what you feel like, and stay within your calorie goal is all that matters.

I have heard in the past "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a pauper" but I don't think there is a lick of truth to it - eat within your daily calorie goals and make sure you stay hydrated (watch sodium intake) and you should be fine!
  • evesmom2
    evesmom2 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

I have heard in the past "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and supper like a pauper" but I don't think there is a lick of truth to it

I'll bet that worked way back when the lifestyle was more farming/ranching than what our lifestyle is now. Farmers/ranchers would need a lot of calories for breakfast to do the work they had to do.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Fewer calories in than calories out over time is all that matters. Ignore all the clever sayings and do what works for you.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    arinbolt wrote: »

Eat in whatever way is comfortable for you. If you have to struggle with your eating times while losing it's just going to make maintenance that much harder.

Big breakfast is also a diet killer for me. If I eat a lot of food in the mornings I am much more likely to overeat for the day. IA big dinner (50% - 80% of daily calories big) works best for me whether I'm losing or maintaining.
  • arinbolt
    arinbolt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I like to have a small breakfast, english muffin or an egg and then small snack in the morning sometime and then a big lunch. That usually ties me over until dinner.
  • topeb
    topeb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i can't eat breakfast. the earliest I can eat is 11am.snack on blueberries they give you energy