Four Years on MFP

Options
4 year anniversary on MFP today. 164 lbs lost. Definitely some ups and downs in this journey but I continue to stay strong in maintaining this lifestyle remake. For me it's definitely hard at times. Hard to know I can never be casual about what I eat or all the accomplishments I made could easily just disappear. Having been obese all my life means those habit of a lifetime can come back so easily. I truly believe I would never have come as far as I have without MFP. It gives me the tool to keep me focused on my food everyday and even if I get off track for awhile it never has been as bad as in the past. I am still struggling in someways with how I view myself and loosing more weight. It's hard to know I will never be where I would really like to be because I could never afford skin surgery. But I keep myself focused on the positive parts of this journey, the fact I hurt less, that I can wear size 10/12 clothing as opposed to size 26/28 and the fact that I am healthier then I ever have been in my life. Friday is my birthday and I will be 55 years old and I do things now I could not do in my twenties. So thank you MFP for being there and thank you all my friends on here who keep cheering me on everyday.

Replies

• ladylonglegs21
    ladylonglegs21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I'm all eyes if you have any tips/pointers on achieving goals?
  • virginiashannon
    virginiashannon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is so AWESOME! Keep up the good work! Many people think this is a quick fix, and it's not. You really have to change the way you think about food. So this must be a lifestyle change, and for some you need to make drastic changes. We owe it to ourselves to find what works best for each of us and stick to it, this is not easy. So far I am down 50 lbs with another 50 to go. It's only been a little over 5 months, but I know I will get there slowly but sure :)
  • Bialetti62
    Bialetti62 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Your post made me smile with pride for you -- someone I don't even know!! You're so inspiring. I'll be 54 in December and am still trying to get this right. Lost 17 pounds and had 17 more to go but instead gained back about 9. Now, after a major household move, our twins off to college and a whole new start for us, I'm trying to set up our house and get my health back on track. Would love some encouraging advice! Good luck everyone!!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. And happy birthday .. soon.
  • sandi_s
    sandi_s Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday....you are inspirational well done. Hopefully I can do this :smile: