Hi !

Hello,

I discovered this app this past spring and have found it to be a nice way to hold myself accountable, to a degree. I have learned quite a bit here, dieting thoughts and tips, recipes and encouragement through others' success. I have been finding it difficult lately to cope with those sugar cravings that come about. I have been closing in on my target weight and I find myself in danger of taking steps backwards. I also find the cravings particularly difficult to deal with when I am feeling a bit down. Any thoughts as to how to dull that sweet tooth? Success to all those that are striving for better health!! : )

Replies

• AmyAnnJ78
    AmyAnnJ78 Posts: 17 Member
    Fruit, dark chocolate or everything in moderation. Eat a little bit enough to get your sweet tooth gone... not the whole cake ;)
  • bri1522
    bri1522 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank You! There is alot to be said for "everything in moderation" dark chocolate is a good one, not to many calories in a small bar. I have just a few more pounds to go, the holidays are coming! Lol.
  • badchinesemajor
    badchinesemajor Posts: 33 Member
    I usually get a diet coke when I'm craving a sweet tooth. Or I get a cappuccino with a little extra sugar (I usually get half-sugar at my local coffee place).
  • sharon566359
    sharon566359 Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah a cappuccino always works to get rid of mine when it hits :smiley:
  • claud0052
    claud0052 Posts: 2 Member
    Sweets are my weakness but in the past when I actually was fit. These are the things I would try first. A glass of water and some greens (any kind) 90% of the time it worked! The other 10% I had my sweet!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    diet soda tastes really sweet to me and I find as i stay away from the pastry stuff, fruit tastes really good and sweet.
  • bri1522
    bri1522 Posts: 4 Member
    I definitely drink my share of coffee, it does have a way of curbing my sugar craving. I have found that the craving goes away after a short period of time, distractions are helpful. Taking a walk or going for a drive and listening to music and such. I discovered a sparkling beverage called "clear&natural" sometime ago, it tastes great and no synthetic sweeteners. There are lots of great flavors too! I was surprised by how "real" it tastes.