Grammies on the Go

Options
Need a My Fitness Pal Support group. Looking for Grammies on the go who would like to be friends and work on weight loss and support together. I am at my wits end because everyone I run into has support with weight loss except we special people - the grammies of the world who are over 60 and can't seem to shed those nasty pounds we nurtured for all these years. HELP!! Please be a weight loss friend with me and anyone in mysituation on My Fitness Pal. Grammie Gert

Replies

• daddyssunshyne
    Options
    Well, I am not over 60, but I would be happy to be your friend and help offer support if you like.

Sarah
  • lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am not over 60 but am a Nana to three adorable little girls, 8yrs, 2 1/2 yrs and 5mo.. I have four grown boys, three are moved out and then my grand daughters- my pride and joy. Add me as I am also trying to shed those nasty pounds build up over the years.
  • ditzee
    ditzee Posts: 49
    Options
    Ya'll can add me I will be 60 September and have 7 grandkids I like to try and keep up with. What a challenge. I joined MFP about a month ago and have started loosing weight! Muffin top!!! There has to be a way. My doctor who is trying to loose (in her 30's) said she tried this every time she thinks about it she pulls her stomach into her back bone says its like core training! She does this walking, sitting, driving and any time she thinks of it! So me being me I had to try it! I hate mirrors but the other day I actually saw in indentation at my waist! Haven't seen my waist in years! Better than sit ups and crunches neither of which I can do. I also joined a gym but I like to think this one little tidbit has helped!
  • Crazeecat5
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Sheryl. Just joined and am looking for friends to help motivate me and I them. I am not 60 yet but am getting there. I am defintely a grammie, 5 grandkids here!
    I have 100+ lbs to lose and am hoping for a slow and steady loss.
    :happy:
  • grammiegert
    Options
    HI Sheryl. So glad to meet you. Like yourself I have hopes of a slow and steady weight loss. I'm sure that if we all support each other we can succeed. I tend to get a little discouraged if the weight comes off too slow, but I know that it is the safest and best way to take it off and keep it off. It sounds easy enough, but it really takes stamina. Let's do it and stay in touch. grammie gert
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not 60 yet, but have two beautiful grandchildren, ages 5 years and 16 months. Would love to have another friend as I begin this journey.
  • Crazeecat5
    Options
    I had a great first day. I'm feeling really motivated........