GRADUATE STUDENTS :)

Options
Looking to be friends with some more graduate students on here as the beginning of the semester seems to be right around the corner!!! I did so well last year only to return bad habits in the fall. I think if I have more friends who are in a similar situation, it would help me with support and motivation (and I can provide the same!). :smile:

Replies

• cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    I start Grad school in the fall for occupational therapy! :)
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Pharmacy student here, in my last year thankfully...but 2nd and 3rd year were really rough on me as far as food...I know how it goes!!! Keep the good habits up, it's all about habits and staying focused on your goals.
  • pkarim
    pkarim Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm starting my senior year of college and am frantically searching for grad programs and studying for the gre, I would love some support as well, feel free to add me :)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am also a grad student... nearing the end, though! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    WHY HELLO THERE
  • chrisfnet
    chrisfnet Posts: 83
    Options
    Pharmacy student here, in my last year thankfully...but 2nd and 3rd year were really rough on me as far as food...I know how it goes!!! Keep the good habits up, it's all about habits and staying focused on your goals.

Fellow pharmacy student. Ugh. Bad memories.
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! I am entering my last year of grad school in the fall...Thank goodness!!!!:smile: It is going to be a challenge to keep the good habits up, but I have been doing so well and I hope to continue!! Grad school just does not allow you to have time to sleep...let alone time to plan and cook meals, and workout! Frustrating!!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Just started on this eating better track I'm in the middle of 2 intensive summer classes right now (and have a final this Wednesday and next Wednesday) i'll be so happy when it's done and I have a month to myself before it all starts up again this fall.

I think the hardest part is going to take the time on a Sunday to package everything up into zip lock bags so I can grab and go in the mornings during the week.

This fall i'm in 3 classes, and 3 days of internship and the same for the spring. Plus working part time in there. I'm trying to keep in mind it's 1 very intensive year but i'll be done forever after that.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am, but I'm almost done, October 17th to be exact. Not that I'm counting or anything :laugh:

Though this semester will be very busy and next month I start my thesis, so it will be very important that I find a way to stick to eating well and working out even when I am busy and stressed.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have some support. It's up to you now.
  • whiskyzee
    whiskyzee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just finished a MA, and I'm starting a PhD in the fall. Feel free to add me.

Edit: @ pkarim: good luck! I found thegradcafe.com really helpful and supportive.
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We are already friends hun but i'm a law student going to start my last year then after start my post-graduate :D
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Ooooops double posts
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! After looking on skinnytaste.com I came across LOTS of healthy recipes that you could easily cook and freeze. That is always my problem...I never have enough time to cook...but if I cook before and then freeze portions, I can have a healthy meal in a few minutes!
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Graduated last year but I think during uni was the time I put on alot of weight!