Travelling and Meal Prep

Options
I'm getting ready for a business trip next week from Sunday - Wednesday to Portland and I'm looking for some good ideas for meal prep.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    take some protein bars with you for travelling and breakfast. If your business trips are like mine, you can pretty much assume that any food that is provided or readily available is going to be carb and fat heavy. I usually just try to limit what I can, then eat my own food and/or go to my own restaurant afterwards.
  • jdb3388
    jdb3388 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just eat at chain restaurants that have their menu on MFP, particularly ones with nutrition conscious menus. This isn't good long term advice, but for a short trip like that, it will save you a lot of work and headache.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to prep meals to take with you or prep once you reach your destination?
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'll have access to a microwave or fridge. I called ahead and they outright said no to the microwave and the fridge was not guaranteed.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    If there is a grocery store or market near your hotel, you would probably do better there with pre-made soups, sandwiches, and salads than you would at a restaurant. It will probably be cheaper, too.