Cleanse....

Options
Whats the best method?!

Replies

• GamecockFan14
    GamecockFan14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, too. Wish I could answer it for you. Some people swear by them, others say no need.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Yea I keep seein that everybody is doin them too. I didnt do one before I started my diet... n i am wondering if it helps with weight loss or whats the big deal?! Hhhhmm....
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    depends on your goal. detoxify? kick start weight loss? lose weight? gain energy?

I've done a colon cleanse once, and a whole body cleanse (Isagenix). I got the colon cleanse at Sprouts....you have to be careful about the ingredients.....gentle is better, in my opinion.

The whole body cleanse was more effective (weight loss) and I felt great after I did it....

I'm a fan of the whole body cleanse using Isagenix products about 1 day a month... that's when I feel the best. But every one is different.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I will chime in with what my doctor of 20+ years told me. He said that if you eat all natural, you will automatically cleanse your body.

He specified if it comes from the earth, eat it. More specifically the closer to its original state, the better it is for you.

I asked about something like brocolli. He said raw= perfect, lightly steamed-=good, boiled down=never mind

I went for a week with all natural. (I just can't make myself do this all the time, too time consuming) I made my own dressing, or used lemon or lime squeezed on my salad.

I had meat, which I know is not all natural but I bought the closest to organic, and lowest fat. And of course cooked it

He was very much against any pill/shake/powder stating you are puting things IN that do not belong. This made sense to me for some reason.

I make yummy shakes with natural yogurt and fruits/ berries. I even used raw sugar.

Anyway, good luck! I know it is hard on this journey but we are there for you
  • innerexp
    innerexp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Isagenix. I lost 9.5 lbs in 11 days. There were essentially "shake" and "cleanse" days during this time. Shake days were essentially replacing (2) meals with protein shakes, (2) 100 calories snacks and (1) 400-600 meal that is clean- ie, lean protein, fruits, veggies, whole grains, healthy fats (your calorie count for the day should land at around 1,200). They also provided a fat burner/appetite suppressant. Cleanse days consisted of adding a "cleanse" liquid to your water 4 times a day for a level of nutrition and no food. The pattern was (2) shake days, (2) cleanse days, (5) shake days, (2) cleanse days. The system was close to $200 with tax. Also, no caffeine, no sugar, no white flour.

I felt fine on the shake days and had low energy on the cleanse days- and by the end of the second cleanse days I was always weak and light-headed, so I would strongly recommend doing those on a weekend.

If you don't want to invest $200 on a system, I would recommend using a similar pattern but simply using whatever protein shake mix you use regularly use and for the "cleanse" days, do an apple cider vinegar cleanse (you can Google them) and take a multi-vitamin :) I'm going to do this the first week of August, so feel free to friend me to stay in touch and I'll be happy to let you know how it goes.

I hope this helps!

~Jenn