Fitbit or Apple watch

Options
Hey! Just getting back into the swing of things. Lost tons of weight tracking with my Fitbit but don't love the Fitbit Charge HR and barely used in since I bought it. Any thoughts on the Apple Watch instead of Fitbit Charge HR?

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    apple watch is so much more versatile. I have the fitbit Surge. its nice but being an Iphone guy, i'd rather have the Apple Watch. classier piece MHO
  • mollylynn22
    mollylynn22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my apple watch!!
  • stephwalker311
    stephwalker311 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How is the Apple Watch working with mfp? Are you liking it? I've only ever used Fitbit and am looking to make the move to an Apple Watch, just don't like getting into unfamiliar territory with how AW syncs with everything.
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone and iPad so I am thinking it makes more sense but not sure if I want to take the plunge. Anyone else find theirs more motivating?
  • kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use an Apple Watch but I use an HR7 from polar for my weightlifting and cardio tracking. I do find that the Apple Watch is much more motivating than other watches I've had (jawbone up and polar flow). The recent updates make it much faster and I'm enjoying it more than ever before. Haven't missed a day wearing it since I purchased in February. Plus there are so many 3rd party apps you can use to track and it syncs wonderfully with mfp - even has the mfp app on the watch.

Hope that helps, at least a little.
  • ajhatkin
    ajhatkin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use an Apple Watch with My Fitness Pal and it works well, with the following exception (unless it has been fixed). When you set up your watch to exercise there are choices, such as outdoor run, Cycle, etc. One of the choices is "Other" which I use when I go to classes, that are boot camp style. Unfortunately, as of a couple of months ago, MFP didn't recognize "other" from the Apple Watch and I had to enter it manually into MFP. Its not a big deal, but a nuisance. Now I call my classes "Indoor Run" and it goes into MFP.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my apple watch to arrive on Wedensday.. this will be a big move for me as I have been using polar for about 5 yrs and never used any other brand. I currently own the Polar A360.
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. I use a Polar BT HRM for my workouts and an app called motifit. I don't use the build in app, I like the analytics I get from the Motifit app. It syncs steps from the watch and the calories from the workout perfectly.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love my Apple Watch. Make sure you get a case. I order a new one with apple care. It cracked. Apple Watch is classy while being stylist and keeping fit. Love it.