aaaaaaaa shut up I hope you get fat !!!

Options
So talking to a friend from back in scotland about why I want to change and that I am over weight and this is healthy and not crazy in the slightest and hes all like well im going to the chppy you shoulod stop all this your being crazy just eat junk food it wont kill you , I do not need people telling me what I am struggling to do and have wanted to change for years is total nonsence! Anyway long story short I ended up telling him that I hoped that he would chock on a cheeseburger and be so fat he gets stuck in a door !

So glad I am away from friends and all those lovely people that tell me I look good the way I am I know I am over weight and only last week I was classed as obese so no I am not looking my best so stop lieing to me crazy people.

Sorry that was a bit random , anyone else drive you up the wall like this ?

Replies

• slbeutler
    slbeutler Posts: 205
    Options
    Some people are just not ready to make the necessary lifestyle change to get healthy and feel threatened when people close to them do. Keep going and I loved your post, it is hilarious.
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    have a best friend, that absolutley used to pee me off, when we went out she would say things like "i suppose yuo wont eat much tonight, why bother"...etc
    she has just admitted to me she was jealous, and didnt mean to be to horrid, and we would always be best friends, but some people really try to sabotage you
    my rant over too now...well done for sticking to your guns!!!
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    Some people are just not ready to make the necessary lifestyle change to get healthy and feel threatened when people close to them do. Keep going and I loved your post, it is hilarious.

poor guy didnt find it so funny i have said sorry and told him that ifhe mentions chocolate cake again i may let out a few of his darkest secrets :L mwhahah power is fun
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Yes! It makes me insane! And people do not help me with their comments and opinions and insecurities. I lost my Best Friend on 20 years because I chose to get healthy. Who needs 'em anyway? Not me!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    yeah I was out for my birthday last night, we were just meant to be having drinks but my friends ordered nachos and curly fries at the pub......and tried to get me to order food too, I know they were just being nice and wanted me to have a "treat" but omfg it was annoying xD
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    i don't let people like that irritate me, i'm doing this for myself and no one else.If your feeling great doing this and i know there are days when it's hard keep going.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    There is only one person that's not supportive...thinks that 32 is too old to get in shape
  • ccbbrown
    ccbbrown Posts: 3
    Options
    Some people just don't deal with change well. Especially Men. I have found out that everytime I try to eat better, my husband start bringing all sorts of junk in the house. Thats the only time he actually shops for things. I have stopped telling him about my lifestyle change because he doesn't like it. The funny thing is, the more food he is trying to get me to eat, he has actually gain weight. He mentioned that his belt is pushing against his stomach now. I found that so funny. So just remember sometimes its a reaction to change that people are scared of and then there are some that are just plain mean.
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You do look good the way you are. But as you get yourself to where you want to be, and your confidence increases, you'll be even hotter! Don't let people get you down. If it's important to you, then it's important.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    You do look good the way you are. But as you get yourself to where you want to be, and your confidence increases, you'll be even hotter! Don't let people get you down. If it's important to you, then it's important.
    thank you tromarom you are always so lovely
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    YES. All of my friends are telling me this and they drive me insane. Every time i see them its lectures about how i'm being crazy by counting all my calories and being obsessive. it doesnt take over my life, just takes over my eating habits and that doesnt concern them!!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh this is perfect! I keep telling people that the weight I have lost may be shocking to them but I am not where I WANT to be. People make comments like " Don't get too skinny" but fail to understand that the weight loss is for your self and not for others... keep up the good work!
  • FATGIRLFANTASY
    FATGIRLFANTASY Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Omg, i totally understand where u are coming from. If people love you they will understand that you are truly unhappy with yourself and want to motivate you to succeed in with your weight loss goals.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There is only one person that's not supportive...thinks that 32 is too old to get in shape

I'm really out of luck at 45 then, eh? Guess, I'll just stop running and riding my bike and put those 10 pounds I've lost right back on again. </sarcasm>
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Here is a big pet peeve of mine:

friends = supportive folks in your life who love your for the good, bad and the ugly (they may not agree with you, but they'll support you)

acquaintances = not alway supportive individuals in your life. Fun to be around, but not there for you when you need them.

Rule #1 for a happy life = Focus on friends. Delete acquaintances from your life when they are being a$$es.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    when I mentioned I was keeping a better eye on my daily calories, a co worker said "gee, I hope you don't develop an eating disorder and make yourself sick" ugh, really? I'm sick NOW!! sick of my jeans not fitting!! hah!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    yeah i always log on here and track what i eat now and my coworkers will say things like 'geez i'm glad i'm not watching what I eat' and it's like...how foolish do YOU sound? lol
  • getupandmoveit
    Options
    This is exactly why I keep my weight loss goals to myself. Those are the same people who are going to be jealous when they see how all your hard work paid off!