Athleta

Options
Does anyone else get the Athleta catalog in the mail? A co-worker brought hers to work one day, and looking at all of the healthy and strong female models immediately made the craving to go to the cafeteria for some cookies flee my mind! I subscribed for the catalog and keep them on my kitchen counter so everytime I wander to the fridge out of boredom it's the first thing I see. It's a good reminder that maybe I should go for a run or do some crunches instead of eat mindlessly in order to fill my down time. What kind of visual inspirations do you keep around the house or work to remind you of your goals?

Replies

• LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yes, i get it because i have a Old Navy credit card... LOVE LOVE that catalog. Wish there was an actual store where I live. I really enjoy seeing actual real healthy/strong women as models. Very nice and reassuring.
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    That a great idea! i'm going to check it out right now!
  • krilrobe
    krilrobe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep a pic of when I was near goal weight and another of when I was much bigger on the fridge at eye level. Before eating something, I see those pics and think of which one would I like to be.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have pictures on my frig from Athleta! I bought 2 bathing suits from their sale section and I am currently awaiting the arrival of 2 dresses! LOVE Athleta!
  • TheReluctantDragon
    Options
    We get that magazine!
    For the most part I love it, but lately it seems like whoever does their photoshopping does it really weird. Occasionally, I'll look at a leg and just know that the shape isn't quite matching with the rest of the girl's body. It makes me kinda sad that they feel they have to photoshop at all. =(
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yeah, i will have to look a little closer. you are right in that they probably do photoshop some (especially since they are a GAP company)... bummer.