Low calorie snack ideas

Options
Hey all! I'm looking for some healthy, yummy snacks to munch on throughout the day that won't kill my diet! Ideas?

Replies

• sinclaircr
    sinclaircr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, lettuce, pickles, etc. Things that are like zero everything usually with some seasoning on them or mixed into small salads.
  • 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I like Siggis Icelandic style yogurt cups (skyr). They are 100-130 Cals and ~15g of protein.

Grape tomatoes

Small apples
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I have been doing small meals at snack time. Something like 5 oz chicken with 5 oz veggies. I'm into beans and corn lately as well. Tons of volume for lower calories so it keeps me full and I avoid the "snacking" mentality that sometimes gets the best of me..
  • Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Hummus and carrot sticks, hard boiled egg, broccoli and 2 tbsp of light ranch, unsweetened apple sauce, fruit, string cheese, fruit bars, Yasso Greek yogurt bars, Jack Links Beef Sticks, slices of cucumber and 2 tbsp of guacamole, Breakstone 2% cottage cheese cup, Simply 100 Chobani, and Kind bars.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by healthy, but I make these in mini muffin pans. http://mamapapabubba.com/2012/09/09/the-best-no-sugar-added-banana-muffins/
    If you use really ripe bananas, they are plenty sweet.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It makes 46 servings and there are 33 calories for each one.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    String cheese, wasabi peas, fudge pops, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, hummus & veggies, Greek yogurt, beef or turkey jerky, popcorn
  • pnetina
    pnetina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    rice cakes topped with pb, banana + cinnamon
    carrot, cucumber, pepper sticks with hummus
    greek yogurt topped with fruit
    homemade protein oat bars

How do you make homemade protein bars?
  • PunkerGin
    PunkerGin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I enjoy salty foods so I go with a jar of Pickles, Olives or Rice/Corn cakes! Pickles are the lowest though, I buy mine with chillies!
  • Bridgette Elizabeth
    Options
    I cut up veggies like red and green peppers, cucumbers, celery etc and use a cheese spread like laughing cow that is only 35 calories a wedge or a yogurt dip. I also have a recipe for a low calorie hummus that's only chick peas, roasted red peppers, garlic feta( I use fat free feta to make it even lighter, salt and pepper and you can add a spicey seasoning if you like it on the spicey side and put it all in the food processor. I had to add a little oil to make it smooth
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Roast a bunch of vegetables, add low kcal sauce, enjoy.
  • drmandler
    drmandler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    air pop popcorn with salt saves me when I need a snack
  • Rubino77
    Rubino77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Air popcorn, string cheese, baby carrots, cucumbers, 90 calories fiber one bars. 80 calorie yogurts
  • gingerbee33
    gingerbee33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All of my favorites:
    Small Honeycrisp apple, marinated cucumbers, 4-5 almonds, low cal string cheese, baked kale, grapes, macerated strawberries/blueberries/bananas
    The fresh fruit satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • mrbumblepants
    mrbumblepants Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    007Aggie wrote: »
    I like Siggis Icelandic style yogurt cups (skyr). They are 100-130 Cals and ~15g of protein.

Grape tomatoes

Small apples

I second Siggis. Best yogurt I've ever had.

I'm fond of bringing boiled eggs, string cheese, and protein bars wherever I go. Easy to transport, and they help me balance out the carbs that seem to fill out the rest of the day. Also, containers of strawberries - small bite sized things that taste great and don't offer a lot of calories.

I like to make a filling smoothie to carry with me all day. Stuff like bananas, milk, yogurt, etc make the smoothie filling. It's easy to drink anywhere, and if you have a fridge at work it's easy to store for break times.

I also swear by toasted seaweed. It's got a light flaky crunch & satisfies savory flavor cravings without many calories.

Last, I recommend hummus & toast, crackers, or crunchy vegetables. It's meaty and savory, perfect for a boost. And it's only 35 calories per tablespoon (the Sabra kind, anyway)
  • Autumnseer
    Autumnseer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    All of my favorites:
    Small Honeycrisp apple, marinated cucumbers, 4-5 almonds, low cal string cheese, baked kale, grapes, macerated strawberries/blueberries/bananas
    The fresh fruit satisfies my sweet tooth.

How do you marinate the cucumbers? That sounds good.