100 Days without alcohol

Options
FlabtoFab209
FlabtoFab209 Posts: 24 Member
I many times forget how many calories can be consumed by drinking many beverages, but alcohol is just empty calories and a crutch for me. Anyone want to commit to a 100 day alcohol free challenge?

Replies

• FlabtoFab209
    Options
    Okay, Day One complete! I usually drink wine after work, so the habit of it will be a tough one to break. But it will be great for my weight loss motivation!
  • FlabtoFab209
    Options
    Okay day two complete. It's Friday and I'm drinking water on the rocks. It's going to be worth it!
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work. I rarely drink, but my downfall is gluten....Gimme alllll the gluten! :D
  • FlabtoFab209
    Options
    :) Day three done. Gluten would be tough for me to give up.
  • theclaw900
    theclaw900 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    One hundred days is a big commitment. You really game for it?

I'd be with you if you think you can go 100 days. I'd have to catch up. No baloney.

JK
  • theclaw900
    Options
    I'm a little new here myself too.
  • FlabtoFab209
    Options
    @theclaw900 I am really going to try! Day four for me. I usually get the Sunday blues but I held strong. Glad to have join me in the challenge!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :) Day three done. Gluten would be tough for me to give up.

LOL, it's not that hard to give it up if it makes you puke out both ends. It was EASY for me! :D

Good luck on your challenge. You can do it! B)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Once you remove the crutch aspect, it gets much easier. I quit smoking in February, and the random times now that I think about doing it, it's just a choice. Just look at each day, each thought, as a choice... I've not had alcohol be such a permanent part of my life, so committing to 100 days without it would be way too easy for me. My hard time would be 100 days without a Monster energy drink.
  • FlabtoFab209
    Options
    I am on day 5 and today it is really, really hard. I'm going to make it though!
  • theclaw900
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Nice work @FlabtoFab209. Before I say Day 1, let me finish the day. But I'll give it a try.
  • theclaw900
    Options
    Congrats @trudiebamford. I gave up alcohol for about 3years because they (counselor) said you couldn't go cold turkey. About two years ago gave that up but now thinking about abstaining again.

@FlabtoFab209 How is going?

• D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'm ready to go 100 days without alcohol, but I know I need to cut back. It is the biggest stumbling block I have in my weight loss. Right now I'm focusing on cutting back to two drinks per evening measured at 1.5 fl. ounces each of gin).

I've struggled and I usually get a lot of judgement, but I could sure use some support instead.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'd rather die.
  • trudiebamford
    trudiebamford Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    theclaw900 wrote: »
    Congrats @trudiebamford.

Thank you! I'm a big fan of 100 day challenges, they've given me back my health & fitness. I've completed four in the last two years - 2 were food related, 1 was daily exercise, and 1 giving up alcohol. I find that 100 days is a long enough period to give you the space to discover if it's a change you want to implement long term. So far, all of them have turned out to be.
  • FlabtoFab209
    Options
    @trudiebamford Congrats on the 100 days! You rock!
    @theclaw900 Three years is a long time, I'm glad you're here!
    @D_squareG You have the support here. We are in this together!
    @benjaminhk Ha! I have felt that way too, hence the challenge.
    @Derek_McC 8796 days? You are my hero!

I am on Day 8, this is harder than I thought, but I'm motivated!
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I guess I am technically on day 6 though I plan on having some beer tomorrow.