Need some Friends?

Options
Need some friends? Well I do. Most of the groups seem to be pretty "full". (Not that anyone is excluding because they aren't) I've just been noticing alot of newbies, myself included, that introduce themselves and never get "connected" so the chances of people falling off the wagon increases. So I propose that we stay on the wagon, who's with me? Anyone not connected yet with a group or some friends? Just sitting there watching everyone else post their triumphs and wishing you had someone to say good job? Well I think you're my new friend, wanna join my group?

Replies

• PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Need some friends? Well I do. Most of the groups seem to be pretty "full". (Not that anyone is excluding because they aren't) I've just been noticing alot of newbies, myself included, that introduce themselves and never get "connected" so the chances of people falling off the wagon increases. So I propose that we stay on the wagon, who's with me? Anyone not connected yet with a group or some friends? Just sitting there watching everyone else post their triumphs and wishing you had someone to say good job? Well I think you're my new friend, wanna join my group?
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    I would love to do that. I just started on this website yesterday and I am addicted to it. It would be great to have a couple good accountability partners to keep me in check!
  • marc4
    marc4 Posts: 79
    Options
    Yay, count me in.........

name is Kelly, marc4 is the initials of my four lovely children........who am I kidding.......lol 2 of them are teenagers.........

K
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    For sure! I joined on the 5th, a butted my way into convos to be accepted! hah..I love this website.
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    would love too!! My goal is 150lbs, I started about 3 weeks ago and have lost 8lbs so far.

Jess
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I'm so excited, I have friends....ok I'm a little bit of a geek. It's ok though. I've come to terms with it:laugh: Ok so any ideas for names? Tell me your goals, and I'll do my best to be a great encourager.
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    Im in...... I joined 3 weeks ago as well. Kind of hit a stand still this week, but not to be discourged week isnt quite over for me yet lol :laugh:

It's always good to have some friends on here and have the support.

Terra
  • klwalke3
    Options
    im definitely down i just started monday and like most of you i am addicted as well. this lil website is a lifesaver. i am not goin to carry around a food journal because nine times out of ten i guesstimate(normally on my own caloric scale) how much of this and that was in what i ate throughout the day. this makes the dreaded word and all the work of a diet so easy.

kaylee
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    So how does a Tuesday weigh in work for everybody? Still need a name. What are your thoughts on doing some challenges? It can either be a self-challenge or group or switch between both. Any other thoughts?
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    a group challege would be cool. We can have our own form of biggest loser going on here! Tuesdays work fine for me!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    K so Tuesdays is weigh in day. Names anyone? I can come up with some pretty corney ideas for names but you might not like them...so you might wanna throw some out there to avoid the corney-ness. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    bump:wink:
  • tidwelljw
    Options
    I am afraid if I were to come up with a name then it would be pretty off the wall..... I better leave that part of it to the professionals.....Oh by the way.....Thats's what I'm going to call my baby, Punkinhead! Thats a great nickname for a kid!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Here comes the corney names....
    I was going to suggest something like Sisterhood of.... but since we have a charter member that's not of the feminine persuasion I'll skip that one...
    Finally Fit to have Fun
    Former Fatties
    Online Calorie Choppers (OCC haha)
    The only group who has a Geeky Leader
    Some help please......
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I know there seem like a lot of teams. I am on the purple team and we are doing this team (red, black, blue, purple, and green) thing thru the Biggest Loser show. I also joined the Fitness Buddy team. There are some really great people on here and I hope you didn't feel left out of anything. If I am on and a new person posts that they just joined I try to welcome them here. I wish you all the best of luck and I will check in and see how your team does. You all will do great!! I love the motivation!!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Good luck to you all! I know there seem like a lot of teams. I am on the purple team and we are doing this team (red, black, blue, purple, and green) thing thru the Biggest Loser show. I also joined the Fitness Buddy team. There are some really great people on here and I hope you didn't feel left out of anything. If I am on and a new person posts that they just joined I try to welcome them here. I wish you all the best of luck and I will check in and see how your team does. You all will do great!! I love the motivation!!
    I didn't feel left out, just didn't plug myself in right away and so I thought there might be others who were doing the same and needed "plugging". I also did it for myself to "plug in". Nothing like a group to motivate you! Thanks for your support!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Really, a group name or I'm going to cry:sad:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You can call it MommasPunkinheads!~! It goes along with your screen name and its cute!
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I am also on a Green team, a slim by summer team.. and a student team! At least this way I am accountable everyday!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Put it to a vote....

MommasPunkinheads or
    Sisterhood of the Holy Crap I fit into these Pants

Sorry tidwelljw, you are outnumbered by females, but we still love you and you can be our male mascot:wink: