Easy Dinner, Side, or Appetizer!

Options
rc630
rc630 Posts: 310 Member
Hi all!
Tonight for dinner I threw together a really easy, low calorie and delicious dish that can be used as a dinner course, side dish, or an appetizer!

Ingredients:
6 Baby Portabello Mushrooms (1 oz each, 42 calories total)
1 Cup of cooked spinach (chopped would probably work better, though I used whole leaf) (42 calories)
1/2 Cup of reduced fat feta crumbles (160 Calories)
Garlic Powder - to taste
Black pepper - to taste

First, I cut the bottoms out of the mushrooms. Then I mixed the feta, spinach garlic, and pepper up in a bowl and placed a spoonful into each mushroom cap. Then I put them in the oven at 350 degrees (F) for about 15 minutes on a baking tray with olive oil spray. I would recommend using aluminum foil, but as I had run out, I put them right on the tray.

These work out to be only about 40 calories apiece and they are both delicious and filling. It was about 10 minutes of prep time plus 15 to cook. Hope ya'll enjoy!

Photo is before cooking, and I just put the extra "mushroom butts" on the tray because I didn't know what I was going to do with them yet:
20110709200816.jpg

Replies

• bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    That looks delicious!
  • AuntieOxidant
    Options
    Thanks for a great recipe! The combo of baby bellas, spinach, feta and garlic is nothing short of mouthwatering, I would imagine. Gotta try this! :wink:
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    They look amazing! Thanks 4 sharing...I will have to try this!
  • 19zerbrechen63
    Options
    That looks really delicious! I might have to try those.