Carb sensitive

Options
What is the minimum carbs you should work with

Replies

• ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Well I think it depends on you. How many grams of carbs do you already consume per day? I would determine that first, then cut it down until it feels right. For example if you are already having 350+ grams of carbs per day take it down to 300 grams for a week then the following week take off 25 more. So forth and so on until you feel your body is getting what it needs.

This will help you find your best intake as well as prevent some of the "low carb flu" as it were. Just be sure to increase your fat when you decrease your carbs.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    If you have a medical condition, ask your doctor to refer you to a dietitian who can give you help specific to you.

I'm sensitive to products made from flour and just figured out what worked best for me. I have no problems with carbs from whole fruit if I pair them with a fat and/or protein. Juice makes me feel gross so I don't drink it.
  • ejcanavan
    ejcanavan Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    There are some great low carb forums with awesome advice and recipes. We are doing low carb in our house right now to kick start our weight loss and we are under 40G for 2 weeks. We will eventually get to 200 or so after we kick the sugar cravings !
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My happy range is 200-350g per day

There is no minimum carbs

It depends on your personal likes and ability to adhere long term to a specific limit

There is no magic in low carb beyond the initial water weight loss, low carb and low fat approaches equalise in terms of loss by week 12 ...and while you can be specific food sensitive and experience anything from discomfort to anaphalaxis dependent on allergic response I am doubtful that many experience any sensitivity to an entire macro, no matter what the source
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I'm a diabetic and so must limit carbs to regulate my blood sugar. Wouldn't that qualify as "sensitive to an entire macro"?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I'm a diabetic and so must limit carbs to regulate my blood sugar. Wouldn't that qualify as "sensitive to an entire macro"?

Medical exception rule of course, OP did not mention diabetes

And for diabetics of course there is a requirement to monitor carb levels in specific meals.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    As others said, there is no minimum carb requirement. You can essentially start at zero and add more as your health tolerates it. I go close to zero some days and up to 50g per day on other days. I am on the lowest end of the spectrum though (I'm carb sensitive and insulin resistant).