Defector from Weight Watchers

Options
Hi all! I'm Jason. And as the title states, I'm here fresh from Weight Watchers. My wife and I joined in January and I'm down to 238 from 260. However, that's the plateau I've hit and have been stuck there for months. I just didn't think WW was cutting it any longer.

I used to use MFP for a while and had great success. But then my depression got the better of me. I stopped logging, stopped working out, and ballooned up pretty quickly. WW was just the start, and when that fizzled out I didn't want to spiral back down so I started using MFP again. I'm hoping to get to the 200 mark goal I've set for myself. With MFP and some helpful motivation and support, I think I may be able to pull it off.

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    Options
    Welcome and best of success to you and your wife :)
  • jondspen
    jondspen Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    GL Jason!
  • NancyMallo
    NancyMallo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Jason. I'm a defector too. Lost about 20 # on WW. Then my husband wanted to loose so I dropped WW so that we could do the same plan. It's to expensive for both of us to join.
  • LufK
    LufK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both-lets get moving and losing!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I too transitioned from WW to MFP - and managed to reach my goal here :)
    Wishing you both the best of luck!
  • kristenmeleniak
    kristenmeleniak Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Never tried WW, but I've definitely gained weight back from depression and I know how it feels. We may have to start again but at least we are not giving up! Good luck
  • stewratz
    stewratz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you both!
  • Mugs203
    Mugs203 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been on WW for years and find it soooooo slow - trying to move over to MFP and am finding it very challenging, since I now account for all my calories and no free foods! Any tips?
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jason, best of luck to you, there is a lot to like here.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I thought this said defecator at first.
  • luvmywyn
    luvmywyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I just signed up for WW. I just wish it linked to MFP! I already have my favorites logged in here.