Please help!

Options
abbie7371
abbie7371 Posts: 1 Member
Does anyone have any suggestions for low calorie quick meals for someone in the carer industry, I'm barely at home and I don't generally get time to sit Down at work so I tend to just snack throughout the day and have a microwave meal for lunch/ dinner, just wondering if anyone had any healthy, filling recipes that are quick to throw together! Thanks! - Abbie

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Look into "meal prepping." Cook once a week and put stuff in containers in the freezer to reheat later in the week:
    http://dailyburn.com/life/health/meal-prep-ideas-healthy-eating/
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Similar to "meal prepping", I tend to cook a certain quantity of one type of meat, and use it in different ways for the next several days. Baked chicken can be diced up onto lettuce plus whatever other raw vegetables you like for a nice salad. The next day, it could be added to a package of frozen stir-fry vegetables and a little teriaki sauce (or whatever you like) with some microwavable single-serve rice. Another day, add to tomatoes and courgette/zucchini and pasta. Bake a potato, add some meat and broccoli and cheese.
  • espringf
    espringf Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I make my own frozen burritos with brown rice, ground beef or turkey, beans, salsa, and shredded vegetables (like zucchini or cauliflower). Cook the rice, brown the meat, then saute everything together in a pan. You can eat it like that, or use this to fill burritos. Make a dozen or so and put them in the freezer. Micro one minute on each side and it's a healthy lunch.

Use less (or no) rice and more veg to lower the calories.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    FYI - it is helpful to be more descriptive in the title to get better results.

I make a bunch of beans/lentils/split peas and sometimes whole grains (like amaranth, quinoa, millet) and use that as a base and add frozen vegetables and sauces, for the week.