Good grilled shrimp recipe?

Options
bobbiedr
bobbiedr Posts: 260 Member
Anyone have any good grilled shrimp recipes? I love shrimp, and I want to find a better way to eat them than fried.

Replies

• dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    Kabobs with some fruit & veggies?
  • Medcoder75
    Medcoder75 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a lemon pepper, garlic and very little olive oil ---mmmm
  • lfcutie
    lfcutie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I put them on foil add lemon juice, maybe a tablespoon of oil, some crushed garlic, season salt or cajun spice....if you dont have cajun spice add a pinch of pepper. Close up the foil so they can steam & put on the grill until they turn pink.,.,.,my boyfriend only ate fried shrimp until he saw how good they came out on the grill:)
  • katieannd
    katieannd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Got this recipe from skinnytaste.com & it is so good! She has a lot of great recipes on her site...check it out!

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

* 2 tsp olive oil
    * 2 lb shrimp, shelled and deviened
    * 6 cloves garlic, crushed
    * 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    * 1 lime
    * salt and pepper as needed

Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add oil to the pan, when hot add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. When the shrimp is cooked on one side, about 2 minutes, turn over and add garlic. Sauté another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook. Remove from heat. Squeeze lime all over shrimp and toss with cilantro. Serve hot.

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 6 oz • Points: 4 pts
    Calories: 197.3 • Fat: 4.1g • Protein: 35.9 g • Carb: 2.4 g • Fiber: 0.1 g
  • celiamj
    celiamj Posts: 38
    Options
    Here at my house we usually eat them boiled, with salt and chili oil! :)
  • sawalter68
    sawalter68 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you want to cook without the grill - I saute garlic and onion in EVOO. Add some red wine vinegar, diced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, shrimp (tails off), and lobster. Depending on how many calories you have left - I serve it on whole wheat pasta.