Pcos..weight loss to get prego

Options
I really need someone to talk to about the struggle of infertility due to pcos. I'm having such a hard time dealing with the fact that I turn 30 in two months and don't have a baby yet. I'm losing weight to get pregnant.

Replies

• polabearbote
    polabearbote Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS and should also lose weight. I'm currently 21, have a plan to become pregnant in the future. Did you talk to your ob gyne regarding this?
  • AndrianaCH
    AndrianaCH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello there... I am in the same boat. I am 35 and have pcos and type 2 diabetes (runs in my family). I have been trying to get pregnant for a few years now and still nothin. I am trying to eat alot more fruits and vegetables in my diet and heard that for pcos a low carb diet can do wonders! You should look on youtube. There are some women on there who have pcos who have gotten pregnant eating a low carb diet. Not saying it will definitely work for you but its worth watching just for the info and inspiration. Good luck to us all :)
  • Ver000nika
    Ver000nika Posts: 72 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi, same here, but I'm 34 already.Getting pregnant (thus losing weight) is my primary goal. Looking for co-slimmers ;-) If anyone is on the same road, feel free to add me :-)
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was told as a teen that I would never get pregnant due to PCOS. When I got married at 29 I weighed about 260 lbs. I stopped taking the pill around that same time due to a change in insurance. It wasn't until 2 years later that I dropped 25 lbs just from a calorie deficit, that I became pregnant naturally. Sadly, we lost the baby at around 6 weeks, just 2 days after getting a positive test result.

I was put on Metformin by my GYN, and started taking clomid. Lets just say, that my little spit-fire started pre-school this month.

I definitely believe that the weight loss is what really helped me to get pregnant, and that the metformin and clomid just helped me get there faster the second time around. And for the record, I ate a ton of carbs! I just stayed within my calorie target for the day (I believe at the time it was 1500) and drank close to a gallon of water a day.
  • eversmallory
    eversmallory Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, i'm in the same boat. It even says it on my profile haha! I am 26 and my husband and I have been TTC for 10 months. I just found out on Aug. 24th that i have PCOS. since then I began a super strict diet and am down 20 pounds already (in less than a month!). Feel free to add me and you can check out my diary to see what i have been eating :) Message me if you want to just vent because I totally understand! AF just showed up for me and I'm on the depression train this week because of it. PCOS sucks but we can't let it run our lives! Getting pregnant with PCOS is VERY possible! :)
  • ashluv2sing
    ashluv2sing Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sometimes losing weight by itself doesn't work. A combination of Metformin and Clomid worked for me and I now have an amazing one year old baby girl. Best wishes to you all!
  • Ashley3213
    Ashley3213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am also working towards losing weight before hubby and I try to get pregnant at the end of this year/early next. Love that I found this board for some support. Feel free to add me! Thanks :smiley: