Someone please tell me! :laugh:

Replies

• rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me! :laugh:
  • quinnybear
    Options
    slice it up, spritz a little olive oil on it, season it with whatever flavors you like (i like garlic powder, an italian seasoning blend and pepper) and grill it on the bbq
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I make this a couple times a month. (hush Soupy!) :angry:

Cut eggplant lengthwise & boil for about 30 minutes or until soft.

Scoop out guts. :laugh:

Mix eggplant, package of crab, chopped onion, celery in large bowl and pour into casserole dish. Melt butter (lite) and minced garlic and pour on top. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

I don't know what the nutritional value is, but it's easy and good! :smile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Here is a GREAT recipe! You get a huge portion!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20711-baked-eggplant-with-mushroom-and-tomato-sauce

*Sorry, had posted the wrong link before! It's fixed now! :blushing:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    yeah grill it for sure... I think it's totally disgusting (it's about the only food I dont really like), but I used to cook it all the time at this 5 star place way back in the day. Lightly brush 3/8 inch thick slices with extra virgin olive oil or even sunflower oil and place on a preheated grill. after two minutes flip the slices and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and garlic. After another two minutes transfer the slices to a plate and add a sprinkle of dill or even dried taragon (or both if you like them). Sqeeze on some lemon juice and presto! You've got yourself a 5 star continental appetizer that is really healthy.
  • Shannon023
    Options

ya tease! :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

ya tease! :laugh:
    Just come visit and you'll see for yourself when I make it!:devil:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

Mix eggplant, package of crab, chopped onion, celery in large bowl and pour into casserole dish. Melt butter (lite) and minced garlic and pour on top. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

I won't say nuthin'.

Eggplants are tasty and good for you.:bigsmile:

You....not me.:sick:
  • Shannon023
    Options

I won't say nuthin'.

Eggplants are tasty and good for you.:bigsmile:

You....not me.:sick:

:angry: girlfight.gif
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I :heart: eggplant
    The eggplant tofu at panda express is really good yummmy.... I would use it in a stir fry!
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Eggplant parmigana..... baked instead of fried.... sooooo yummmy.
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This sound yucky but, it's actually quite good . . . even our son liked it when he was a teenager and still at home.

Turkey and Eggplant Casserole
    Serves 8

1.25 lb turkey dark meat, ground and skinless
    1 whole onion, chopped
    3 whole garlic cloves, minced
    1.5 lb eggplant, peeled and cubed
    28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
    1 whole bell pepper seeded and diced
    1 whole red bell pepper seeded and diced
    3/4 cd seasoned bread crumbs
    1 tsp basil
    1/4 c parmesan cheese grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 13x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray

Spray a large nonstick skillet with non stick spray, heat. Add turkey, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and onion is softened . . 5-6 minutes.

Add eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, bread crumbs and basil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed.

Transfer turkey mixture to a baking dish. Bake, covered, until vegetables are tender - 45-50 minutes.

Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake until cheese is lightly browned - 15 minutes. let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Calories - 194
    Fat - 4/7%
    Sat fat - 2/8%
    Chol - 51/17%
    Sodium - 549/23%
    Potassium - 690/20%
    Carbs - 20/7%
    Fiber - 4/16%
    Protien - 19/38%
    Calcium - 104/10%
    Iron - 3/14%
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I peeled, sliced and roasted eggplant with mushrooms and garlic in the oven (tossed with olive oil). Then I ran it all through the food processor with some tahini to make a spread for crackers & raw vegies.

Also you can google recipes for baba ganoush, there are tons of versions of that delish spread.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    When I did atkins I ate a lot of eggplant and zucchini... spray with pam olive oil or butter and sprinkle on nutmeg...pan fry on both sides!! Yummy, I think I might just have to buy an eggplant now, Thanks! ( you can do this for zucchini too)
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't forget to google rataouille! Eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Yum.