losing hip inches..

Im looking for excercises that will slim me down around the biggest part of my belly/hip area. I've lost 12inches off my bust but just a few off the lower part..I know its hard to spot treat, but id like to attempt it. I've went down several pant sizes so I know I have been doing good but im more wanting to concentrate on it for cosmetic reasons of how my belly looks when im naked in the mirror...

Im also concerned cuz once I lose my weight, I don't want alot of extra skin so I need to work that area to tone it more. I've been working on thigh, upper arm, and upper stomach excercises for that reason, but need to include lower stomach too, not sure if what im doing works lower stomach or not but my upper abs r always sore.

Replies

• I have been doing a lot of crunches and leg lifts incorporated with my cardio. Every night I do 200 crunches and 200 side bends. Guess what... my waist is defined and my tummy area is tightening up. Can't do anything about the extra skin from being stretched far and wide from having children :)

Jeanette Jenkins says that you can't spot reduce, but you can build muscle in that area and do cardio and eventually you will get the results you are looking for.
  • goddesshanna
    goddesshanna Posts: 69 Member
    You might want to look into some different types of squats to work that lower area.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    I have been doing Zumba at least 4 times a week and I have seen a definate change in my waist curves and hip slimming...I combine that with a sit up routine nightly...
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Ok. Good to hear, I've been doing sit ups every morning and night, combines with 30day shred and tae bo everyday. ..the shred involves ab stuff...just thought that maybe I needed to do something else for lower tummy since lower abs are never sore, only upper.
  • Slowtri
    Slowtri Posts: 8 Member
    When you lose fat, it comes off of your body pretty evenly as far as percentage of loss areas. So, areas that have larger fat deposits will seem to change differently than areas with smaller fat deposits. So, there are no exercises that will make you lose fat faster on your hips than on your chest or legs or anywhere else.

However, you can work and tone the underlying muscle mass, which is very important. For the area you are working on focus on core training that will make the muscles rocking with the extra adipose has melted away...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=425

^^^^^^ a great link to some core training