Tired of eating the same things...blahhh

Options
So currently my diet consists of Multi Grain Cheerios, regular instant otameal no sugar or butter with a little cinnamon, green apples, oranges, strawberries, nectarines, peaches, Almonds, Dannon Light & Fit 80 calories yogurts, Water, Crystal Light, Grilled skinless chicken breast, and mixed Veggies. I am NOT a huge meat eater as a matter of fact the only meats I eat are chicken as long as it's a fillet and ground beef. I guess I'm dang near a vegeterian...What else is out there to try?? I'm a picky eater yet I am getting tired of eating the same things OMG it's gonna drive me crazy. However there are times I will get a burger from Mcdonalds or something but that's rare.

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    change up your spices at the very least, I was getting tired of rice for a bit but then needed room in the freezer for a new item so I took out some chicken broth (home-made) and to get it used up I put some in the rice maker in place of plain water... just that was enough of a flavour change to keep me interested.

Add some cayenne pepper, paprika... whatever it takes, experiment to find a flavour combo you like. I enjoyed the paprka / cinamon blend in my omelet... who knew :P
  • kjosey1
    kjosey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I feel the same way sometimes. Lately if I want a special treat, I'll make a smoothie. I use one bananna, 1 cup of fat free milk, one tbls of unsweetened cocoa and a pack of stevia, and ice of course. It taste just like a bananna chocolate shake!! It's around 200 calories and delicious. I also love wraps. I use low carb whole wheat which is about 80 calories and fill it with black beans, salsa, onions, peppers, and whatever else you choose. I've also taken chicken, spinach, sour cream, and a seasoing pack.....combine this and put it in a wrap. I agree that chicken and veggies get boring after a while. How about egg white omelettes? You can throw just about anything in there. I'm also bored with my food routine. I'm trying to stay away from sugar as it's a trigger for me!! From time to time I like to try lean cuisine's or smart one's bc they have creative meals and it's easy......although I know it's not as healthy as fruits, veggies and home cooked meals. I also loved cottage cheese. It's also flexible as you can combine it with salty or sweet additions. I hope this helps a little bit:)
  • leslie4health
    leslie4health Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've found looking on this site or other sites for differenct recipes helps give me different ideas on things to cook so I don't get bored. Here are some sites I found helpful. Hope this helps! :smile:

www.drgourmet.com
    www.hungry-girl.com
    www.cookinglight.com
    www.eatingwell.com
    www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/filter/healthy
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • KaySoFocused
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm going to try some of those