Hello from the UK! Anyone else looking for support? :)

Options
My name is Anne-Marie, I'm 28 and live in the UK.

I have been struggling with my weight since high school. I was way too big, then too skinny, then normal and too big again.

I graduated from uni three years ago and moved to the UK to work for an agency. I slowly started gaining weight again, due to the lack of movement that comes with having an office job.

My husband proposed last year and I was desperate to loose weight for the wedding. I started in January and managed to loose 8kg (17lbs) for our wedding, which was last month :)

I gained a few pounds back over the last couple of weeks but I don't want to go that way again. I feel so much better when I eat well and exercise regularily.

I got myself a FitBit and want to actively use MFP to reach my UGW :)

Starting weight: 67.9kg
Goal weight: 58.0kg

Please feel free to add me for support and motivation!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne-Marie :)
    I'm also from the UK!

congratulations on getting married!

I too have a Fitbit and I've found it so, so useful. Your goal weight is realistic and sensible and you can 100% get there! I have a similar starting weight and goal weigh too. We can do it! :)
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi & congratulations on getting married.

MFP's full of great people that'll stick with you through the highs and lows - it's what makes MFP so great!

Oh and I'm from the UK too - there's even a Team UK Group (think it's called that).
  • justice96utd
    justice96utd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!! Also from UK
  • IrRevd
    IrRevd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I've put on about a stone a year since getting married and desperately trying to reverse the trend. I'd be interested to know how you find your fitbit and how it helps. I've considered buying one but other than tracking my steps I'm not sure if I will get much benefit?
  • staceyjane16
    staceyjane16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on getting married and fantastic weightloss.
    I'm Stacey just getting into weight training and learning about nutrition. Also from the UK.
    Lost 5 stone, I also have a Fitbit.
  • KazzykinsJ1967
    KazzykinsJ1967 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Manchester here...always welcome new friends. Congratulations too xx
  • jayhd777
    jayhd777 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Liverpool Uk, feel free to add
  • KnittyLou
    KnittyLou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm also from near Manchester, have put weight on since being in a happy relationship. Weight now 10 st 10 lb, aiming for just under 10, used to weigh 9.5
    Struggling to motivate myself to exercise after long days at work.
    Was thinking about getting one of those fit bit type tracker things...any tips/advice? Theres one that looks like a leaf, Bella something, that tracks sleep and stress which looks good. All so pricey and don't want to waste my money!