Do firming lotions help?

Options
I am a big user of self-tanning lotions in the summer since I am a very fair and don't suntan due to a family history of skin cancer. I noticed when I went to buy a new one that Jergens has a firming version so I bought that. Figured if I am going to use it anyway then I might as well buy the firming one. I am worried about saggy skin as I continue to lose and I thought it might help keep my skin conditioned.

However, I don't generally use the tanning lotion on my midsection and rear as I don't care if those are tan, but they are an area of concern for saggy skin. If the firming lotions help, I will add that to my routine. If no one has found them helpful I won't waste my product. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i would like to know this too i dont use firming lotions but if it makes a difference i will try it.
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    bump, I want to know !!!!
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump - hope we don't all bump - hope someone knows!
  • Funnybunnyboo
    Options
    i tried a firming lotion-once was enough, ended up at a&e with aviolent allergic reation, and the most horrid rash and burning skin...just me probably, as can be allergy girl...but ouchie!!!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've used that exact lotion before, for the same reason (I'm really fair, and couldn't tan if my life depended on it), and have found that the firming aspect really don't make that much difference. I think my skin looked better, but I largely think that's based on the fact that when it's tan, it just looked more taut. More of an optical illusion, I think. I didn't complain, because it still looked better, but I really think the "firming" part is more of a gimmick than anything else.
  • tashamanning
    Options
    I use the same one and it does seem to help I use that one in the morning right after a shower and I use ultra healing lotion at night before bed I tend to have really dry skin
  • srb1990
    srb1990 Posts: 37
    Options
    iv used firming lotions and to be honest general moisturising tends to do the same trick helping circulation and skin elasticity...i moisturise with normal moisturises and that helps my skin feel firm even though its not a 'firming lotion'...
  • jillmarie31
    jillmarie31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've used the Jergen's Q10 and think it's nothing but a joke personally.
  • jillmarie31
    jillmarie31 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's kind of my thought, srb1990. You're encouraging blood flow by massaging the area, so that helps pretty much the same.
  • AshleyNRi
    AshleyNRi Posts: 33
    Options
    I really did not see any difference between the firming and the non firming from Jergens.