Zuchinni Pizzas - 58 calories each & my kids eat it!

Options
TammyLanham
TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
12 - 1/4" thick slices of Zuchinni
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce (or pizza sauce)
2 ounces Munster cheese (or any type of cheese)
1/4 pound deer meat (any meat, pepperoni, etc.)
1 hot dog sliced into pieces
1 ounce shredded mozarella cheese

Slice large zuchinni 1/4" thick, put on skillet for 7-8 minutes. (Mine were about 3" in diameter but you can make little ones, too).
Flip & top w/ pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce, a little cheese, some meat of your choice (I did hot dog pieces and deer meat). 58 calories each & absolutely delicious!

Even my kids ate it! The Zuchinni didn't have a fleshy texture - it was firm and very, VERY yummy. Let me know if you try it & what you think!

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I might try this if i can, minus the hot dog and deer meat. :) I will have to figure out how to get the zucchini to not be to soft and still enjoyable. are you using really big zucchinis?
  • TammyLanham
    Options
    The zucchini was about 3" in diameter. 7-8 minutes on the skillet, then I flipped, added the ingredients & waited another 7-8 minutes. Good firm texture.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see a photo of this.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    So happy to see the deer meat on your list. This is one place I hadn't put deer, but we eat a lot of it here. Cheapest, healthiest meat we can get our hands on!

I usually put it in my stir fry and fajitas. Thanks for the new idea!
  • TammyLanham
    Options
    I still have no idea how to post photographs on here but I do have pictures on my facebook page. Search for Tammy Saunders Lanham & it's the top post on my wall. Feel free to send a friend request!

As for the deer meat, we get about 4 deer a year, grind most of it up & use it all year long for burgers, meatloaf, pizza topping, tacos, in soups.... LOVE our venison!
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It's really lean meat, isn't it? Can't get much of it here, although you can get venison sausages from the upmarket supermarkets!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I've done it for you. :) They look great.

Screenshot2011-07-10at205529.png

If you sign up with photobucket you can upload photos, get the link, then paste here with link changing the 'IMG's to lowercase. :D
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Where do you find such big zuchinnis?
  • jenwall1973
    Options
    Sounds yummy!